Article: Zippo Brown Canvas Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
Nice review of a decent looking bag.
I would love one of those as a work bag! Sadly I've just replaced my old one with a grab bag. Not sure my other half would appreciate another new bag purchase :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have just come back from a nice early morning frosty walk in the woods using the bag ... it is a perfect size for my needs :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I can come out and say I bought one of these, strongly on the good word of Mr Fennas excellent review. Couldn't admit to it before as it was a present for a member on BCUK and he would've guessed. Must say I quite fancy one myself as my old Barbour game bag has seen better days (though given years of excellent service).
I was impressed when it arrived, Mr Fenna was spot on in his description of it, though I managed to get it at a cheaper price. The recipient loves it, he has a few bags of that ilk and this one will nicely replace the Marlboro Classic one he's been using to death.
Cheers for the review and bringing an excellent piece of kit to my attention. I think Mr Fenna has single handedly boosted the sales of this item a fair bit.
Thanks again,
GB.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I I think Mr Fenna has single handedly boosted the sales of this item a fair bit.
Thanks again,
GB.

:) that is why they let me have gear for review for the mags and here ... they know that if an item gets a good review, then other folk might actually buy it :)
I have been in the reviewing game about 25 years now and have seen some great gear in my times (also some short lived innovations...) and can almost always recognise a good bit of kit when I see it.
I have great fun trying out the good stuff :)

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
ummm.... probably a dumb question, but....how waterproof is it?

I mean when it buckets, not when you go scuba diving with it?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
ummm.... probably a dumb question, but....how waterproof is it?

I mean when it buckets, not when you go scuba diving with it?

Initially the water beaded on the surface but eventually the canvas started absorbing the water and it took a while to dry ... a good average for canvas. I would imagine that you could up the proofing level with Aldi waterproofing spray (as good as any I have found and cheaper than most) Fabsil, Nikwax etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE