Article: Woodlore Fundamental Bushcraft course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
It's a blinder of a course, but don't go in expecting a week of sitting by the fire chatting and making cordage - it was the toughest week I'd had since the army, although infinitely more enjoyable. I've subsequently discovered that other schools manage to combine good education with mucking about :D

D

Debby

It's a marvellous course. I learnt so much about how good some of my existing skills really are. Playing in the woods as a child (in the 70's), we used to make willow withie shelters, make fires, and cook tins of beans for lunch. Obviously didn't know that this could be a career or a bona fide business oppurtunity back then! Anyway, if your childhood was like mine - watch out for complacency if you undertake a course - I was when it came to plant identification, and it showed up on exam day!:camping:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi,I completed this course earlier in the year and this is a very good accurate review. It was as OP states hard work and I believe everyone suffered at times (some more than others), I believe it's a case of you get out what you are prepared to put in. Ray Mears turned up on the Thursday and taught us how to fashion an alaskan salmon hook from wood and yew root, and then took us for a walk in the woods himself. I was much impressed by his knowledge and authority and see why he has the deserved reputation he has. We has time in the evening to ask any questions we wanted of him and we also had our chance (which I quickly took) to have a group and individual photo with him. My one slight criticism of the course, which I discussed positively with our instructors was that when being taught the tarp fixing series of knots was that it was all three new to me knots were a crowded grouping shown the three knots in quick succession and personally would have preferred one knot followed by practical practice before being shown the second. A minor point perhaps but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the course and would recommend it to all.Regards,RTh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE