Article: Ridgeline Grizzly, Roar II and Monsoon II jackets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I just got a grizzly and I'm very pleased with it :) Great for cold, dry days and the hood is great at keeping the wind off. Not been out in the rain though, but didn't buy it for a wet weather coat. Had a monsoon and although it was a good jacket for the money - I found it too warm, and not that "breathable" which is not good for an over the head smock type jacket - the roar gives better options. Overall, I'd give the Ridgeline brand a big thumbs up :)

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
The monsoon was quite substantial!! I wouldn't class it as "packable" the soft touch material was really nice - and the latest ones comes in olive green :)

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Seriously considering a New Year purchase of the Roar off the back of this - my current smock has a few too many large holes in it now.

Thanks for the review!

Pilgrim1953

Feb 3, 2013
Kent
Like lonegunnman I put in a couple of eyelets on the monsoon under the arms , removed the waist clincher ,had a strap pull adjuster fitted to the inside from an old stuff sack , so I can adjust the waist from inside exactly the same as my buffalo 6.
Must admit I liked my Swazi better , but some one had excellent taste and pinched it while I was up Mt Snowdon last Easter.
P.

Pilgrim1953

Feb 3, 2013
Kent
Got to change my mind ( just a little ) was out doing range safety for two weeks in bloody foul weather , took this jacket as wet weather jacket of choice.
It stood up fairly well to every thing Mother Nature could chuck at it , including mud and ice.
The only annoying thing was Ingres of wind via the hood zip , even with the collar up , with the wind getting in , after a while water got in through the zip itself , with that ,came the cold, when your out 12-14 hours a day , it begins to eat away at you , side of my neck , right ear , right shoulder , began to drive me up the wall , fixed it in the end with gaffer tape.
Going to bite the bullet and get another Swazi Tahr , to re place the one some low life stole off me last year.
Never found a better jacket , should of saved up a little longer and got one in the first place.
Live and learn.
P.
Brecon never disappoints this time of year.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE