Article: Incognito: Insect Repellent

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I tried the spray in the Cairngorms in late June where even the staff at the Glenmore campsite said that the midges were awful and I went pretty much unscathed. I did find that the joss sticks were very useful. Stuck in the ground around my bivvy bag under my tarp, their smoke acted as a very effective midge repellent and did not have a choking, chemical smell. As with all these things, there is no perfect solution but this stuff seems to be pretty good.

wheelnut

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2012
UK
thanks for posting this, I've been looking for a decent repellent, can't even go in my own back garden without getting savaged

Jonathan M

Nov 3, 2014
London
I used their shower gel / shampoo this summer for a month off the coast of New England, where the mosquitos are viscous, and found it worked really well. The scent is fine and I was bitten far less than normal - it didn't protect 100% - in conditions which were just as mosquito'ish as previous years. It also worked well in terms of getting me clean! I'll definitely be using it again next summer.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
I know this is an old thread but for anybody like myself who comes late, can I just add my 2 pennys worth, I have read several posts on a similar subject, I have read that Listerine mouth wash is an effective bug repellent & supposedly works against the all the Scottish midges... also this product has stuck in mind because of its clever catchy name "Bug~Geroff" apparently an actual product... available as body spray & also as a soap bar.

I've not tried either of these products yet so I can't confirm that they are effective, F.Y.I. read this apparently little read review right here on bushcraft UK

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/content.php?r=401-Bug-Geroff-Natural-Insect-Repellent

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE