Article: 11 Ways A Condom Can Save Your Life

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oldwoodyrock

Dec 10, 2012
Pacific Northwest
As a combat photographer in Viet Nam, we used them to seal film to prevent damage for mold, and fungus. No longer need them for film, but they do make a good waterproofer still. It was a hard sell, when the wife found a gross of them in the film bag.
Woody

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At one of the outdoor centres I worked at we used to fill them with water and put them in a victims bed - they jump into bed, the condom bursts - big laughs!
We al got paranoid about our beds, checking them carefully ... so the jokers got to the point of filling them to the point that they could not be toutched without them bursting and foolk got to tipping their matressesto get rid of the "bombs"...
It is amazing how much water fits into a condom - several liters if you are careful and fill the last bit with a syringe while the condom rests supported by a couple of pillows...

This taught us all good security and spotting skills and thief trapping techniques (we even got to putting selotape over the door so we could see if it had been opened (none locked), talc on the bare boards to show footprints etc) and counter measures.... might save my life one day!

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Can I ask what pouch that is ?

Also, do you have a description of the contents ?

Ta

Excellent article!

I have a condom in my EDC/Survival Kit (for water).
Now I know more options to use it. :)

survival_kit_zestaw_przetrwania_0003.jpg

[sorry for duplication - Can I remove the post some how?]

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
??Don't you run the risk of shooting the dart into your hand
this was my first thought, I don't fancy that idea much, id be more thinking along the lines of
Dave Canterburys SLING BOW (just youtube it) a much safer and more deadly idea.
copping a barbed dart in the hand or wrist and it could be game over.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I must say the Bushcrafters around Stirling are an untidy lot, the woodland car park down by the river is littered with the things from them practicing. I don't know some folk.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE