Artic Survival Course??? Co-op basis.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Tee Dee,try getting hold of top Swedish knife maker Johan Stenovad (Google Lapland Incentive),he knows everyone,Olly,Lars,he can tailor make any arctic experience we may need!
Chris.

May 27, 2009
Always Changing
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker on these forums but have only just signed up (due to this thread), i'd be super interested in this if i'd be welcome, especially if it involved the dog sledding.

I've been thinking about www.husky-holiday.com for a while but due to price increases and our bad exchange rate now, its went from costing £1000 to about £1500 which is just too much for me to justify for one week so i'd be wanting a cost <£1000 for this.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
vmjolt;- You're more then welcome mate.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

No more lurking for you!!!

Im a bit of a lurker too, but im intrested. like the idea of it being 2011 timescale as im currently saving like mad for my wedding in 2010!

i rekon if you work on the basis of 10 people to get an idea on price, then we can always pull people in at a later date if needs be...

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I will say yes to this too. Please keep me posted.

I'll say yes although it might involve dragging SWMBO along for the northern lights

Rich swmbo this end is Northern Lights mad too perhaps they could see it then go off and shop together!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: on second thoughts that could cost a lot:eek: :eek: :eek:

Could be a great trip though if it comes off.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi all, Will keep everyone posted on this as it evolves, at the moment still waiting on some contact details to be sent to me by some guys who have volunteered them.

Thanks all for showing speculative interest.

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
First post!!!!!!! New here and just spotted this tread, I would be well up for it, I'm off on a survival corse this weekend in the UK and was looking at there Antarctica course but there prices are around £2000 so for me the cheaper the better.
Cheers
Luke

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ok, will post more information soon , but just wanted to say at the moment ( via Forestwalker-Thanks !!) we are looking at running it with The bushcraft/survival course aspect with Guys from the Swedish Survival Guild who have been conducting the course for a while.

The Husy-Dog sledding bit is what i next need to attempt to sort out and i have a sneaky idea that this may be the ( relative ) pricey bit.

Will keep you posted.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
In a sort-of-related to this topic, how many people would be interested in a similiar style ( low cost ) Jungle survival/Bushcraft Instruction Course??

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi Guys , Hope everyone is still paying attention to stop me from PM everyone?

Have a question I Need ( not want ) answered , had e-mails back from the director of the Swedish Survival Guild who has posed some questions , obvioulsy some are one's that i can answer , some are more Group questions so thsi is the 1st one which i NEED answered ,

Comes down to if we are looking for a Basic Course or a Survival Course and in the words of the e-mail , this is how he described the two;-

Basic winter course, approx 5-6 days, time for travel excluded: We teach you the basics in winterskills, starting slowly with basic rules for clothing, skiing, prepare different types of shelter, prepare fire, prepare a sleepingplace, how to melt snow, where to find food etc. You will sleep in a house and get breakfast, lunch and dinner, some of the meals you will fix during the day outside in the snow. The course ends with 36-48 hours (one or two nights) exercise where you get to practice our skills.

Winter survival, approx 5-6 days, time for travel excluded: First night sleeping in house, following day basic skills and then leave for 72-96 hours exercise outside.
These timeschedules are for the course itself. We usually start the courses on friday afternoon/evening or saturday, ending friday or saturday next weekend. When you know how/when to travel we arrange the start and end of the courses so they fit to your travelling.

As I see it, and this is my recommendation, I think you should start with a basic course. From your answers it seems like your experience in winterskills are small and having a survivalcourse could scare people away from the course. But we arrange the course after what you want to do.

So guys , what do you all think?, If i don't get enough feedback i will, reluncantly . have to make a choice by myself.
Would be good if we can all discuss it rather then via PM so we can all have some group input.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would go for the basic course for now, for me personally I would rather re-learn the skills before being thrown into a survival challenge!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE