Arrowcard prototype

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shibbyjay

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2004
Coventry
Anyone seen or heard of these before? A steel card that would fit in a tobacco tin, the difference being that it has 4 pre-cut arrowheads, as well as the more usual scraper, saw blade, and knife blade like other card tools

Review over on Bushcraft USA too if anyone was interested - more of a survival than bushcraft tool I suppose, but none the less I like the pop-out arrowhead idea

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/53375-Arrowcard-Prototype-Impressions-

apologies if its old news, never seen it before myself though!

J

Attachments

• arrowcard.jpg
    arrowcard.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 49

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
If it came with a pop out bow I'd snap it up :).

Seriously though I guess its a cool thing to put in a bug out bag/survival kit if that's your thing.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Saw it on Dirt time.
Spoke with some archers about it (I'm always on the lookout for stocking filler gifts for the males in the family) and they were more than a tad dubious about it. :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Seen these on Dave Canterbury's youtube channel.

Think he was developing various versions, like one with a frog gig type prongs. But apparently got threatened by lawyers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not being cheeky, but the comment at the time was that in a survival situation when these are supposed to be needed, getting them free from the matrix with a functional edge and a serrated one opposite it, really looks like a sore hand in the making.....and that's not going to be any help when most needed.

M

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just looked a the price of ESEE's AH1 Arrowheads... similar idea... wow £12 for 1, or £45 for 2 and a wallet... someone's having a laugh.

Not being cheeky, but the comment at the time was that in a survival situation when these are supposed to be needed, getting them free from the matrix with a functional edge and a serrated one opposite it, really looks like a sore hand in the making.....and that's not going to be any help when most needed.

M

Don't know, but I'd thought making the bow and arrow to go with them might be the more arduous task.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just looked a the price of ESEE's AH1 Arrowheads... similar idea... wow £12 for 1, or £45 for 2 and a wallet... someone's having a laugh.

Don't know, but I'd thought making the bow and arrow to go with them might be the more arduous task.

With no knowledge of arrow or bow making they would be pretty useless,. Like having pop out rounds without a shell or gunpowder.. Hope I got that the right way around..

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
With no knowledge of arrow or bow making they would be pretty useless,. Like having pop out rounds without a shell or gunpowder.. Hope I got that the right way around..

For sure. Chances of killing something in a survival situation with a cobbled together bow & arrow have to be close to zero.

Also why I thought the frog gig/fishing spear was a better idea. Long pole, some cordage, and maybe some latex tubing/catapult elastic to provide some forward trust in the water.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
thought they were cool first time round but having seen what Fish can do with a spoon I think thats a much better way to go...

hobson

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Devon
Surely a GPS beacon would be of more use in a survival situation?!

I think no matter how well prepared, in a realistic survival situation i think the novelty would wear thin pretty quick...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have shot arrows without a point by mistake and I still would not want to be on the receiving end of one.
Small game you would be better off with a blunt anyway. Nice mental exercise granted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE