Army surplus sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hun7er

Jun 14, 2009
Harrogate
Hi everyone, looking to get a sleeping bag and was just wondering which is best out of the british 90 pattern artic and the dutch m-90 artic sleeping bags, by best i mean warmth and toughness. thanks in advance

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i think a lot of the guys on here will tell you the 90 pattern arctic is the one to go for there will be someone along in a mo to say more im sure regards dave

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I was out in the British one at the weekend and it was -6 / -8 and was lovely and warm. Was the first time i used it but was impressed

Dave

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used the issue arctic bag 5 winters running in Norway at temps around the -30C mark along with the issue bivi bag and it kept me toasty. Obviously though it is very bulky compared to civvi equivalents which I won't comment on because I have never used one and it is probably too warm for most of the year in this country! As for the Dutch bag, knowing dutch kit it is probably just as good and, dare I say it, probably better. But again I will leave that call to someone else because I haven't seen one before.
I hope this has been of some use to you, but take it from me the standard issue British bag is perfect for this country all year round.

Oh and yes they do come in different sizes.

Hun7er

Jun 14, 2009
Harrogate
hola sammy bouy

do they come in long sizes?
cos through the alcoholic haze, i remember you to be quite strapping!
vango do some very good bags in a variety of sizes.

Cheers Jim has that ginger wine worn off yet :)
yeah i think they do the brit one in reg and long and the dutch one is something silly like 6'8" so either will be enough i'm only 6'4".
thanks greg not too fussed about the size or weight just want some quailty and warmth for the winter, i have a snugpak special forces 1
which is a summer bag although i have been using it all year round freezing my a** off. thanks for your comments hopefully find someone
whos got one of the dutch ones.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello chap, I use a UK issue arctic bag, very warm and cosy,weight 2.4kg in the comp sack I'm regular size. yup you would defiantly need that long at 6'4", drop Raikey a line dude as he recently got a dutch one from endys, he's out using it tonight, with a couple of lads from the Blackberry group.

HTH Dude!

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
5 years later......

I am 6'4"...have the British army M90 cold weather bag (sic) Long.
Is available regular or long, long is fine for me. Use it with a liner and bivvy if needing the latter. Great for the UK. The Dutch version may? be reckoned to be slightly better??? I don't know, but very happy with mine, especially at £20!

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Don't forget that either bag will be either much colder or much warmer depending on your sleep pad. I've used the British Arctic bag (which I consider to be one of the best pieces of kit I've ever owned,) in zero degree weather in the Uk and been very cold without a proper mat. Once one of the others lent me a pad, I was toasty warm.

sorry about responding to an old thread.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE