Energiser Advanced 7 LED head torch... Advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi guys,

I'm sure similar questions have been asked before,

but I'm in the procsess of packing for a couple of nights next week, and have only just now remembered that my head torch started acting up on my last overnight in January.

I had been using a one I picked up for about 14 quid in germany a few years ago, and it's been brilliant in that time, but alas, it has served it's last.

As Argos is all I will be able to get to within the next few days, I was looking at this one

Up to 20 hr life and optional red LEDs for Night.. looks good....

Anyone have any experiance with this? toughness? or Getting wet? (rain-wet not river-wet)

All feedback greatly recieved.

Thanks,

Stephen

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have used a similar model before, and haven't had any issues with it. I've never tested it's waterproofness as I've only used it in doors, but the red light is handy for reading at night. HTH.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Those alpkit ones look pretty nifty.

I'll stick with the energiser one for now, but gona bookmark those for later..

Ste

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Got an energizer one as an upgrade from my poundshop special. Persomally i didnt get on with it, the light from the leds was catching my field of vision. However the other half used it without a problem.

Ive since got the manta (link from alpkit above). Received it next day and found it alot better and side by side it pits out more light to.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Got an energizer one as an upgrade from my poundshop special. Persomally i didnt get on with it, the light from the leds was catching my field of vision. However the other half used it without a problem.

Ive since got the manta (link from alpkit above). Received it next day and found it alot better and side by side it pits out more light to.

Thats the other issue I had with it. I ended up putting black insulation tape under the lamp to stop the dazzle.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Not too concerned about catching the vision, as its generally worn over a jack pyke baseball cap.

Thanks for all the tips though!

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE