Are you feeling tired?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I turned the lights off and I do feel a bit better this morning.

I suppose I aught to get all the boat plans off my bed and stop sleeping on the floor in the lounge.

Hadnt thought of alchohol to get me to sleep. Sort of forgotten about it. I have 3 bottles of whisky left from xmas and havent drunk any since the Nederlanders were here.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This time of year i'm falling asleep stood up on the flippin train!
it doesn't help i work in an airconned office that has the heating cranked all through the winter, tinted windows and no chance of fresh air and if the sun ever shines through the windows all the flippin blinds are drawn!
i managed to get out on a course on tuesday in the fresh air, it was GLORIOUS, some nice exercise coppicing and in the afternoon the sun was out and on my face with the wind blowing gently.
two days back in the office and i'm straight back to being down and out. :(
it doesn't help that i work in a town that is litterally the ar*e hole of salford, where people shove past you, no one cleans up after their dog and the train station reeks of burnt plastic and stale urine...apparently the train station is a communal toilet, who knew?
next to the station is a small industrial site where they are ALWAYS burning stuff, they always steer clear of black smoke mind.

i need to get outdoors, i need to get the hell away from this...GREY this concrete horror.
i'm also in the same boat as greg in that i've been downing tonnes of milk (steri best as its creamy) and lots of pasta.
On a positive note, this morning it was actually getting quite light whilst waiting for my train to arrive (late as usual) and its warmer then it has been all winter.

You have my endless sympathy. I lived and worked there for a good few years. When England needs a prostate exam, Salford is where they put the finger!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I turned the lights off and I do feel a bit better this morning.

You were sleeping with the Lights On???

I suppose I aught to get all the boat plans off my bed and stop sleeping on the floor in the lounge.
Yes, Beds are far better places to sleep unless you have certain Spinal Issues.

Hadnt thought of alchohol to get me to sleep. Sort of forgotten about it. I have 3 bottles of whisky left from xmas and havent drunk any since the Nederlanders were here.
On Occasion use it , but not as a Crutch, IE don't become dependent on it as 'medicine' to get you off.
Alcohol won't help you other issues either.

Hope you find decent rest soon , but do use the Bed!

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Ive started feeling a bit better and sleeping more.

However, mother noticed my legs are all swollen up past my knees with fluid.

Seems she is going to shoot me if I dont go see a doctor.

Dont like seeing doctors.

They usually tell me Im ill.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have been suffering from sleep deprivation and feeling the cold for ages.
My wife said it was like sleeping next to a corpse.
Well the very short story is, over the last couple of weeks I have been taking medication to shrink a benign tumour in my pituitary gland, it will take a while as it is rather large, about 3 centimetres.
Also taking steroids, they are working well, hoping to get out and about more in our green and wondrous land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE