Are there any (dutch) scouting members here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Everyone,

Im my search for bushcraft locations I came across some scouting campsites wich we coulod use, and in the process became interested in scouting again (having been a member 20 years or so ago).

I was just wandering, are there any scouting memebers here? and what do you do within the organisation.

I'm thinking about becoming a member again, and maybe help out at some scouting groups. I'm thinking it would be very nice to be able to teach some young people about BC skills, and maybe get some of them enthousiastic.

Anybody know what the possibilities are ?

Yes, here's a scout from The Netherlands. And also very interested in bushcraft. The weekend of 13 and 14 september me and 14 of my (scouting) mates will be spending a "Primitive Weekend" in the woods. Along with us will be 4 rabbits, alas they will never come back.
We also try to teach the bushcraft things we have learned ourselves to the kids. Usually they think it's great.
Theo

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Well, I've been a scout (Welp) 20 years back, just like Nelis. And when I was fishing a few weeks ago, met some guys who are leaders/organizers. Great guys, fun group of people. But getting back to scouting? Mmmmmm.........haven't thought about it. But there must be some Dutch scouts out her.

By the way: Messengek - Tilburd, Nelis - Oudenbosch, me - Oss....we could start a Noord brabant chapter here! :D

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Well I may not be Dutch but I was in a very similar position earlier this year. My son had just joined the scouts and then one evening I noticed on the troops website they wanted parent helpers, what a good excus to get out for the weekend passing on skills I had learned. I went to speak to the area leader and ended up volunteering to become the Scout Leader.I've been doing it for around 7 months now and love it. This weekend we have a bushtucker, gut & cook night in a local scout owned wood, can't wait.
I would recommend getting involved.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE