Archery at The BushMoot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
Hi guys.

I'm going to be coming to the bushmoot for the first time in a couple of weeks which i'm really excited about, and was wondering if it was possable to bring my own bow. Now ive seen some archers have been talking about it in some of the posts but just wanted to see what the deal is by bringing my own gear. I've done a bit of feild archery at my local club (Thornbury) and also over the bridge in wales. I just really wanted to know if it was ok to bring it, as i didn't want to upset anyone and to see what the protocal was!

All the best and look forward to meeting everyone at the moot,

Cheers, Jimmy.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Last year we had a couple of evenings that a little range was set up, however it was nothing 'proper' and was mainly for those that had made the father and son bows to have a go. If you've got the space bring the bow and if it works out have a go, but it might not be appropriate depending on the setup so be prepared to not get it out :D George might be along and to be honest he'll have a better idea of the practicalities than I do when it comes to this as he set up last year.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I'm hoping to bring mine along too. Need some pointers on technique! It would be great to get something setup.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I can put my bows in too if it would help for have a go sessions, might even be able to borrow a child size bow....

I used to shoot target for clubs and the Royal Toxophalite Society.

We'd have to be careful about setting up a range - plenty of overshoot area, but maybe it could go where the old atlatl range was/is.

Ogri the trog

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
The range for the bows and atl's will be in the usual spot.

I like to run a few early evening sessions as Tony said so bring your bows along.

So long as we all shoot at specific times with proper supervision many hours of fun can be had.

If anyone wants to bring along targets or nets please feel free to do so.

I will be bringing some Hazel rods along for father and son bows if anyone wants to make one. Atlatls will be another option.

See you all there

George

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Great, really looking forward to this! And Atlatl too, used one once really like to try again.

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
Brillant guys thanks for all the info. Sounds great i'll try and get some arrows made up to bring along to use. Cant wait.

Cheers Jimmy.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
hi, does anyone know the laws for travelling with a bow as i have a flatbow and some arrows and will be travelling by train.
There are no restrictions as far as I know.
Though sensible precautions would show that due diligence is being done. Arrows in a closed quiver (locked if possible) and bow in a box or bag, anciliaries otherwise out of view - certainly no broadhead arrows!

Others might know differently so don't take my word as gospell!

Ogri the trog

JIMMY2EGGS

Nov 24, 2009
bristol
have to agree with Ogri the trog,

As long as the bow is'nt strung i would'nt of thought it would be considered a weapon! But just keep it out sight.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you fellow archers at the moot, it's going to be great.

Jimmy.

Aaron Rushton

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2011
S. Wales
have to agree with Ogri the trog,

As long as the bow is'nt strung i would'nt of thought it would be considered a weapon! But just keep it out sight.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you fellow archers at the moot, it's going to be great.
it does look like a fishing rod when its in it's bag so i don't think it ould raise too much suspision

Jimmy.
it does look like a fishing rod when its in it's bag so i don't think it ould raise too much suspision

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE