Anyone tried a Rothco Jungle Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So I was in my local Army Navy Surplus store today, just went for a bit of window shopping and picked up a 100% wool hat for $8. I also saw this hammock for $60

http://www.rothco.com/general/index.cfm/fuseaction/itemdetail/item/1521/prodid/109/subcat/174/from/search/Description/Olive-Drab-Jungle-Hammock

I've been contemplating a hammock for a while, but it wouldn't see much use as I normally go camping with the misses and we use a tent when together, or usually a friend who doesn't have a lot of gear so again tent is required. But still I do go out alone from time to time, and the thought of carrying a lighter pack has intrigued me, hence the interest in a hammock. But I didn't want to spend $150 on one.

I decided to hold off the impulse buy and do a bit of research first. Not a whole lot of info, a scatter youtube video, and a mix of good and bad amazon reviews.

Has anyone here used this hammock? Is it any good?

Any recommendations for a different well priced hammock?

Thanks
H

May 20, 2012
Cambridge
DD and Tenth Wonder do very nice hammocks ranging from simple to more advanced and robust bivi types. Have used both and will be getting a TW Hornet or 3 layer bivi as slightly cheaper than DD and I see no quality differences. Both can be found on own online stores or ebay etc from around £15 to £50-60 depending on type. Tarp extra of course. TW even do a tarp with doors!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE