Anyone suggest a Decent Wallet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Lads, just go and buy a wallet, this really is a daft thread and can't believe it was a serious question lol its certainly one of the more bizarre BCUK threads and when I saw the title really did think it was a wind up :)

Thanks for the positive input buddy!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks for the positive input buddy!

Glad you see it as the positive comment its meant to be buddy. For crying out loud we have the 'best rucksack/sleeping bag/stove/jacket' et al threads and although often repetitive I can see the value of them but a wallet thread.....come on for flipping hecks sake LOL If an experienced outdoors type of chap needs help picking a wallet are they safe to allow out camping? What do you do with a wallet, sit and stare at it, stroke it lovingly :lmao:

I've got a fifteen year old nylon wallet made by or badged Adidas, holds my cash, £100 emergency dosh and cards...there you go, its the best wallet in the world go buy one.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Glad you see it as the positive comment its meant to be buddy. For crying out loud we have the 'best rucksack/sleeping bag/stove/jacket' et al threads and although often repetitive I can see the value of them but a wallet thread.....come on for flipping hecks sake LOL If an experienced outdoors type of chap needs help picking a wallet are they safe to allow out camping? What do you do with a wallet, sit and stare at it, stroke it lovingly :lmao:

I've got a fifteen year old nylon wallet made by or badged Adidas, holds my cash, £100 emergency dosh and cards...there you go, its the best wallet in the world go buy one.

Meh, a stove is a stove is a stove - why would you need more than one. I don't think anyone objects to you having an opinion - it's just why you feel compelled to share it in a thread in which you have no interest in. That's the mystery.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Meh, a stove is a stove is a stove - why would you need more than one. I don't think anyone objects to you having an opinion - it's just why you feel compelled to share it in a thread in which you have no interest in. That's the mystery.

Indeed and well said.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Because I wanted a collection, rather like people have collections of knives, sleeping bags, tactical shirts, stamps, tea pots et al; a simple concept :)

I have a nice pre WW2 leather wallet, that means I have two wallets but not a collection ;)

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall

I was taking the Michael!! As others have said, folks ask forum members opinions on various items to make a wise choice/ purchase. I myself was interested because my current wallet which, I haven't replaced yet, wasn't 'bombproof' enough in the Phillippines

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Because I wanted a collection, rather like people have collections of knives, sleeping bags, tactical shirts, stamps, tea pots et al; a simple concept :)

I have a nice pre WW2 leather wallet, that means I have two wallets but not a collection ;)

Rik. Its like me going into every stove thread and going...
"this is soooo boring. Why is anyone interested in these old piles of junk!"
Now that may or may not be my opinion, but I do not feel the need to express my disinterest with someone else's interest when the opportunity arises. I simply don't open the thread. I don't post.

I like wallets, I do leatherwork so have a interest there. But also I think that something you carry every single day ought to have a little thought go into it.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I gave up carrying a wallet years ago, too much all your eggs in one basket, that I lose too often :(
Only ever carry cash and sometimes a card. Driving license can stay at home and I dont have credit cards.

Although i did like keeping a set of picks in my wallet but thats kind of classed as "going equipped" :eek:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I was taking the Michael!! As others have said, folks ask forum members opinions on various items to make a wise choice/ purchase. I myself was interested because my current wallet which, I haven't replaced yet, wasn't 'bombproof' enough in the Phillippines

You were extracting the urine from me!!! how very dare you; I had no idea;)

If 'we' had been around a table in a pub and one of the group said 'Help me pick a wallet' then I'm pretty sure (or really hope) the response would have been along the lines of "And I need a pee pee hold my hand" sort of banter but sadly the written word does not always convey the true meaning of a statement.

Serious head on now; I really can't believe how any of you have been so offended and I truly with all my heart hope I never take life and trivial issues such as buying a wallet so much to heart. I don't like the phrase 'chill out' but it seems appropriate here.

If anyone wants to take a pop at me then feel free to PM me, I won't report it :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Why the heat? All this thread was was a request for advice about the purchase of a menial, everyday object. It's not particularly 'bushcrafty' but, arguably, neither are tents, stoves, clothes or sleeping bags, all of which get frequent airings on this forum. So, why not wallets? I would imagine a large majority have some means of carrying cash and/or cards with us on a daily basis; the original request for was a bit of advice about which was best in other people's opinions. Just because it doesn't interest some parties should not preclude its inclusion on the forum. There are many things that I read that don't interest me in particular but I am not going to become some unofficial, 'unappointed' censor and argue the toss over such-and-such's validity on a bushcraft website.

Bushcraft is really more to do with skills and techniques than 'stuff'; but 'stuff' will always be the badge by which some bush crafters are identified, hence its inclusion on the forum.

Anyway, the sun's shining, the wind is cold - I'm off outdoors to play.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE