Anyone seen this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
hey guys

Has anyone seen/used this rod?
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/shakespeare-firebird-combo-fishing-rod-tube-p96995

I havent been fishing since i was a kid and do have some really good kit stored at my old mans house BUT i dont want to wreck it so i'm thinking of getting this to get back into the swing of things so to speak and also then use it as a rod for bushcraft fishinf ad hoc. For the price even if i kill it its not bad lol
opinions/suggestions

Dave

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You're not going to go too far wrong for £9.99 but I'd change the line on it and put something like 6lb line on there - 5Kg (11 lb) breaking strain line is far too heavy for the size of fish that rod is going to handle.
It would be okay for some close in light spinning or float work.

Cledan99

Apr 24, 2010
mid wales
You know a cheap rod that does nothing special, but a little of everything can be great fun, and its nice to buck the pretencious types who have to have a rod for every situation (like me!)
My kids have £5 tele spinning rods and I like taking em down our local river for stunted wild trout, it don't have to be so complicated

trixx

Jul 14, 2010
Scotland
Cheap and cheerful but it will do the job. As for the line, depends what you are fishing for - 5kg test is fine for use in the sea, or spinning for pike, but perhaps a touch heavy for general use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE