Anyone near Chorley in Lancashire ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's china and the lady won't post.
It's too far from you though Rich. Thank you however :)

Maybe someone nearer will read this, and I'll get lucky :D I'm intending to come down to the Moot, and if nothing else worked out I could pick it up from someone then. The lady who is selling it needs it out of her way asap.

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you kindly :D I'm hoping someone closer reads this though. I'm trying hard not to put folks out, but this is a real bargain, and otherwise I'm stuck.

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I asked her about that; but she's not happy about it because they won't insure china. Therefore she insists that it's collection only :sigh:

M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cool, let us know if no one else steps up, we can have a poke about the area so it wouldn't be a single perpose journey, and you know we can pack china!

atb

tom

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you Tom :D
It's very much appreciated.
I'm still hoping someone closer will offer, and I can organise getting it from them, so I'm not putting anyone so far out of their way.

atb,
Mary

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I asked her about that; but she's not happy about it because they won't insure china. Therefore she insists that it's collection only :sigh:

M

Probably not an option, as it sounds as thigh she's made up her mind [!] But I've used parcel2go, to organise a pick up of an item from a seller in the past, and if you are paying with your credit card, you'll be covered if anything happens to the item in transit, under section 75 of the consumer credit act.
Dead easy to do, so long as she doesn't mind printing off a .pdf you can email to her, with your address and barcode on it, and sticking it the parcel.

Edit. Thinking on it though, you're not offered that protection if your credit card is registered to your paypal account, and you pay by paypal, and unless she's a registered business she won't be set up to accept credit cards....Ummmm....

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
To everyone who offered help and advice, a very sincere thank you :D
So many genuinely helpful people on the forum :approve:

TomBear and his missus were stars though, and have collected and boxed and posted :D :D
I really owe you favours for this effort Tom :D

Kindest regards,
Mary

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ah, really sorry, just seen this, I spent the weekend in Chorley :D Shelly went there on thursday night and I went up friday morning...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE