Anyone here ever use a Zeltbahn as a garment?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have yet to use mine in anger. I got it foe mega cheap in germany, and it is an interesting design. When used as a shelter in the summer, the only time I've used it so far, the tent heats up very quickly from the rays of the sun. On a pine needle bed, it was warm and comfy. The kit isn't light though, and it is meant to be carried between two of you. You could carry it all, but then you have the bulk issue too. It takes up a lot of room.

This year, i aim to get it out and use it a bit more than I have before. I'll do a review of it when I do.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
If you look again around the site this has come up before including some very interesting observations on its use and effectivness in the rain. An old pal of mine who was in the Germany army in WW2, hates them with a vengance!

Sandsnakes

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
No german would ever use a german Zeltbahn after the military service. The idea of the Zeltbahn is: give the soldiers the cheapest, heaviest and coldest tent available; that's the best training.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE