anyone have a "tenth wonder" hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
here is the link to them.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tenth-Wonder-Hammocks
just stumbled onto them by accident. wondering if anyone has any experiance with them? i ordered one anyway. as a tester. i will let people know how it is when it arrives. the money is very reasonable. look similar to DD camping hamocks. i have one of the dd ones and love it.
but this is a lot cheaper, and i have a lot of people around me wanting a hamock once they have a go in mine.

Not got one of their hammocks, but I have got one of their silk liners.

Similar buy, I needed a new liner so as they were apparently very reasonably priced bought one.

It was delivered promptly, and appears to be OK, although I've not had a chance to put it to use yet to review it properly.

I bought one of their mosqito hammocks about a month ago cos it looked the same asmy mates dd one. i was a bit wary cos of the price but its exactly the same thing, all same mateirials and even the stitching looks the same. got a silk liner too and its okay. Man has anyone got a clark hammock? I'd love one of those but the PRICE!!!

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Sorry Dave, this is a family site and that's the 2nd of your posts I've taken offence at today. Please enjoy the site, but curb the use of profanities, even though you've tried to disguise them.

Cheers

Jan 22, 2006
uk
the thing about hammocks is it doesnt have to be an overnight thing, just going for a walk and having one with you (that takes seconds to put up) means you can be super comfy while having a great look out from the edge of the woods or just have a wierdly relaxing cat nap or just a brew.
chilling out in one and just listening to what going on is a great way to tune in to your surroundings & if the walk is done and youre settling down for something a hammock is awesome.

the reason for me saying this is that a tenner for one is likely to be worth a punt for this use alone. no affiliation or anything with anyone.

making your own net version for chilling in is even better - fits in your pocket and can be used for hiding up with a bit of grass and ferns etc stuck in. talk about lightweight!

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
nothing wrong with them they are cheap because they made with cheaper labour but the fabric is the same. if you are lurking around ebay then find between the trees they do brazillian hammocks which arent what we want but they do do a hanging set up with dyneema and alloy toggles which is fully flexible and a good price. :)

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
the tenth wonder hamocks are similar, but not the same to the DD hamocks. the fabric is heavier and more stiff. not as cosy i find. they give you too little rope (eight foot per end) and no stuff sack.the lack of zip in it means you cannot zip yourself into the middle of it (i sleep like this) but if that is not a problem for you then this is a workable alternitive. i am sticking with the DD hamock myself though. the extra webbing rope you get with dd hammocks are worth the extra cost alone.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I bought one of their mosqito hammocks about a month ago cos it looked the same asmy mates dd one. i was a bit wary cos of the price but its exactly the same thing, all same mateirials and even the stitching looks the same.

Dave are you certain that the design is the same as DD? I've queried with them whether the hammock double layer is stitched or open like DD so a mat can be put in. They've confirmed that the double layer is STITCHED TOGETHER.

DD has offended me recently with their withholding of information whilst a GB was being arranged. Sandbag went to great lengths arranging and collating, only for them to say they cannot supply (yet) :banghead:

If it was the same hammock I would go to another supplier, but is it? They say not?

patglazz

Apr 18, 2011
warrington
I bought the tenth wonder jungle hammock about a year ago and will never go back to a tent again - unbelievably comfortable and easy to use.
built in mizzie net, zip compartment for a sleep mat, comes with extra ropes and rings to prevent water running down the ropes into the hammock.
I use it frequently including a 1 month trip to Guatemala in the rainy season - I never got wet once!!!
very cheap - almost didn't buy it when i saw others at 2 or 3 times the price and thought it would be substandard, bought a tarp at the same time

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE