Anyone had any trouble with the LMF spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I have broken every plastic spork I have owned - rubbish items IMHO - Ti is just wrong for Bushcraft...just carve one!
And - yes - I have a folding Ti Spork ...foisted on me as a prezzie...as were the folding plastic one and a commercial bamboo one... all thanks to Mesquite who is a win p merchant beyond belief!

I have also carved several which are tons better, but normaly I just use my carved spoons an a knife!

Come on John... you really admired the bamboo one and you went out of your way to fettle the titanium spork to your exacting specifications :rolleyes::lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Come on John... you really admired the bamboo one and you went out of your way to fettle the titanium spork to your exacting specifications :rolleyes::lmao:
I have used the bamboo one this morning - I tried it as a beard comb but it just tugged out a clump of hairs (learned from Mesquite no doubt!) so then used it as a coffee scoop ...it works fine for that!
Despite DB smacking the Ti one with a huge hammer the Ti one (although it locks in the "use" position now) still falls apart when not under tension ...more like me I suppose (I too fall apart if not busy)
I told a lie when I said I had broken all the plastic Sporks I had - that plastic folding thing is still in original condition!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I can understand why people want light cutlery but full length stuff isn't really that long - does having it foldable actually give an advantage? I would have thought you could make it lighter without having a folding mechanism
Ah - the folders have the advantage of traping food particles so that interesting and potentialy fatal new strains of food poisoning bacteria can breed in comfort, spread to the items (such as mugs) used to store said Sporks and set out to colonise the world and its intestines - "Today Spork hinge - tomorrow the World!"

Cunning eh?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ah - the folders have the advantage of traping food particles so that interesting and potentialy fatal new strains of food poisoning bacteria can breed in comfort, spread to the items (such as mugs) used to store said Sporks and set out to colonise the world and its intestines - "Today Spork hinge - tomorrow the World!"

Cunning eh?

You could just wash em, eh?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I had a placky Light My Fire spork and like many others on here it broke (whilst squeezing a teabag against the side of my mug) with hardly any strain on it.

After winging about this, to a mate and helping her set up her trip computer in her Land Rover before she went on a rally in Africa she bought me a titanium one.
Its much nicer than the placky one but I don't see why they don't just do a stainless one, jeez, its not as if the extra weight would hurt and it would keep the cost down.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I've got one of the Vargo ones ...

Much more comfortable to eat from than the LMF ones, or the lexan ones either.

Purple, eh? Don't tell my wife! Funny thing, when I told her I'd broken the spork she started talking about something made of Lexan. What don't you like about Lexan Mary? (I mean apart from the fact that it's polycarbonate and might have some nasty chemicals in it.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Purple, eh? Don't tell my wife! Funny thing, when I told her I'd broken the spork she started talking about something made of Lexan. What don't you like about Lexan Mary? (I mean apart from the fact that it's polycarbonate and might have some nasty chemicals in it.)

It has a wide slightly tapering into the tines bowl, and the edges catch the side of my mouth. It's just an awkward shape to eat from.
I've got two of them, in blue :) that you can have if you want to try ?
I thought they were a good idea; light, robust, practical; but I prefer my Ti one. I've had it for several years now, it's had a lot of use and it doesn't owe me anything, but it's as sound as it was the day I bought it.

cheers,
M

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I like my MSR titanium tool spoon best. Full service tools cut into the handle od my spoon.

Smart

Jay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE