Anyone had any trouble with the LMF spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Go for the lifeventure titanium spork. Lurch has them for not very much, I bought one when I was heading south a few weeks back. It's single ended though and has a little spring clip at the top.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have broken every plastic spork I have owned - rubbish items IMHO - Ti is just wrong for Bushcraft...just carve one!
And - yes - I have a folding Ti Spork ...foisted on me as a prezzie...as were the folding plastic one and a commercial bamboo one... all thanks to Mesquite who is a win p merchant beyond belief!
I have also carved several which are tons better, but normaly I just use my carved spoons an a knife!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Al my sporks have a max of 3 prongs,

ones a Spoothpick/toothpoon ( spoon and toothpick)

one is a Spife ( no prongs)

True to the name, I think they are better for lighting my fires than sporking with.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sporks are crap, end of, take a spoon and fork. If you really must eat off a babies early learning tool, Tesco are selling plastic sporks for a quid.

Ged, admitting to using one has lost you a lot of credibility in my eyes...extremely disappointed in you and hope its a passing phase or perhaps you had a 'Senior Moment' when you got it :(

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Well I've had a lot of fun reading this, all of you, thanks! But there is just one nasty rumour that I have to deal with...

...Ged, admitting to using one has lost you a lot of credibility in my eyes...extremely disappointed in you and hope its a passing phase or perhaps you had a 'Senior Moment' when you got it :(

I didn't say I was USING it, I'd never admit to a thing like that, I said I was WASHING it. The wife bought it, she thought it was a good idea at the time. :yikes:

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
on a more positive note, i got a couple for lightweight emergency use
the mrs has one in her handbag, one day we find it has a small crack
emailed LMF, they posted us 2 replacements

Al

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The LMF Ti sporks are ok, but they can be a bit hard on non-stick coatings. They're also heavier than the plastic ones (17g v 9g) so if you see a gram-weenie with one you can be sure he's posing. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE