Anyone had any rain yet.?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Nope, here in Mid Wales it started about 8 but it's evaporating as fast as it's hitting the ground - no more than very light precipitation.

It has brought the temperature down though :)

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Nothing yet in Lincs, still very warm with a.m.mist. Light rain forecast this evening. Will have to give the chicken-bones a good rattling, cos my grass is all bright yellow.
rgds
Ceeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're sodden wet in Lanarkshire.
Thundered from about 10pm last night, and sporadically through the night. I didn't sleep well because it's still too muggy and hot, so I've been up most of it.
I left buckets out last night and there's about 1/2", maybe 15mm of rainwater in them this morning.
It's still spitting just now, but the sky looks like it's ready to burst again.

I wish it would really pour, break this heat. Warm is lovely but this soggy heat is miserable.

M

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's been raining on and off since before lunchtime. My garden is dripping, and walking under the trees needs a brolly :rolleyes2:
The birds look so happy though, and sparkling bright and clean :D

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Here in the SW (West Somerset) it has rained, but only lightly. It reduced the air temperature to a more comfy level, but shortly afterwards the air became very muggy as the water evaporated again. We’re still hoping for a good old thunderstorm to properly clear the air.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
In my part of Devon we had drizzle from the small hours until maybe 10am. The ground was wet and there were puddles forming, so some moisture should seep down. Since then though the day has just been warm and overcast. More rain is predicted tomorrow, but we shall see.

Edit. 3:30pm and it's dark and drizzly with some thunder

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 56886

Begging for it here in Carmarthen, its so humid and sticky, need a good clap of thunder and a torrential downpour to clear the air

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE