Help with Candle Power Forum and Budget Light Forum

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

hughtrimble

Full Member
Jan 23, 2012
1,176
577
UK/France
Hi BCUK,

Does anyone have contacts with admin at Candle Power Forums or Budget Light Forums? I ask as I've tried to join both, but have now been banned twice from CPF for spam, even though I haven't posted anything whatsoever, and BLF I can't even post a thread yet as my account is not approved, but my account is on hold for post review (catch 22)! Really odd that they're both so hard to join.

I'm trying to join them as I recently bought a box of flashlight components from the classifieds here on BCUK as there was a hard to find charger in there, however I had no idea about the other parts' usability or what they might work with, so I was hoping to post on those sites to see if anyone could ID the parts.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Hugh
 
Can't help with CPF, I got banned from there a few years ago for suggesting a cheap Chinese Ultrafire had the same or better specs than a similar Eagletac.I think the forum had begun to implode around that time, I get the impression it's not held in high regard by many on BLF. However, it does have a lot of the old school there who may know about your parts.

BLF is decent, but there is only sb56637 who is owner and admin, so if he's not about or doesn't see your request then it would be worth persevering.

If you're really stuck let me know and I'll see if a PM his way can help. As an aside, you do know this isn't going to end with you becoming more knowledgable about a mystery box of parts don't you? The Convoy thread alone has over 19,300 replies. ;)

It's devastating to the wallet, this little thing arrived a few days ago.

IMG_1392.jpeg
 
Thank you @Nice65 I'll abandon CPF and keep persevering with BLF. I did PM sb yesterday, so I'll just wait it out and hope he approves my account (it seems odd to do a manual post review of someone who can't even post anything yet; we're not talking my posts being held for review once I post them, we're talking there is zero ability to post anything!)

You're entirely to blame for my Convoy expenditure, I only looked into them after seeing your C8+ thrower! I'm on my 6th Convoy, with the 7th gifted to someone who'll make far better use of it!

The box of flashlight bits I really do want to see if I can salvage parts from. The extension tubes which looked like they might be HDS (to go with my decade+ old ones) actually have different thread counts, so I'm thinking either a really old HDS version or possibly another make like Surefire. The Cottonpickers Li-ion charger is great, really handy to have, and the number of spare orings can only be a plus.
 
Thank you @Nice65 I'll abandon CPF and keep persevering with BLF. I did PM sb yesterday, so I'll just wait it out and hope he approves my account (it seems odd to do a manual post review of someone who can't even post anything yet; we're not talking my posts being held for review once I post them, we're talking there is zero ability to post anything!)
He recently changed the forum software in a fundamental way. It was running on the same sort of thing a blog uses, so there's still some unfamiliar stuff coming up. It's most likely just the forum announcing there's a hold up rather than actually what's happening. As I understand it, sb does get stuff dealt with but it sometimes takes a little while if he has to do it at a human level. He's enabled a lot of helpful software tweaks so that he doesn't need any mods as such, users flagging a post a couple of times removes said post until he has time to look etc. Things can get missed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hughtrimble
He recently changed the forum software in a fundamental way. It was running on the same sort of thing a blog uses, so there's still some unfamiliar stuff coming up. It's most likely just the forum announcing there's a hold up rather than actually what's happening. As I understand it, sb does get stuff dealt with but it sometimes takes a little while if he has to do it at a human level. He's enabled a lot of helpful software tweaks so that he doesn't need any mods as such, users flagging a post a couple of times removes said post until he has time to look etc. Things can get missed.
Very good. Yes it does look very different to all the other forums I've used; actually finding the most recent post in a thread isn't yet as trivial at elsewhere but I'll get the hang of it (if I am allowed to buy the don!)
 
I saw that box of bits Janice was selling and wondered how many on BLF would start being able to name them, and very nearly cross posted the Dereelights over there.

Glad to hear you’ve someone or something to blame your addiction on, the acceptance that you, and you alone are responsible will come in time :lmao::lmao::lmao:
 
I saw that box of bits Janice was selling and wondered how many on BLF would start being able to name them, and very nearly cross posted the Dereelights over there.

Glad to hear you’ve someone or something to blame your addiction on, the acceptance that you, and you alone are responsible will come in time :lmao::lmao::lmao:
I've got there with cutlery, but it's taken 20+ years, so give it time before you're off the hook
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE