Anyone going to the Wilderness Gathering?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hope you make it Red :D i should have a few spare beers :rolleyes:

Cant see it says any day for the master classes on the site ??? ( opps just found it :deal: )

if they are on Friday i Hope the Dont obstruct the extra Friday events as im looking fwd to watching David Budd wack hot metal :D :D

ATb

Duncan

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Just got through to them on the phone to book my Wild Food masterclass but found that these are being held on the Friday (though the web site says Sunday :( ) and I can't get there until Saturday morning. :aargh4:

Two of them are doing the organising, apparently. I got thru to one of them who told me to contact the other one ??????? he also told me ALL MASTERCLASSES are on the sunday at 10:00AM, nothing about friday.

DGC, so, are you going to display a CD? I will probably still go on sunday but miffed at not being able to do the Masterclass.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
They are Sunday. I was mistaken as this had been discussed at an earlier date.
Sunday without a doubt.
Roger
Wilderness gathering ltd

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
They are Sunday. I was mistaken as this had been discussed at an earlier date.
Sunday without a doubt.
Roger
Wilderness gathering ltd

Roger,

May well be.

But I'm still not buying a whole weekend ticket to attend a masterclass if I'm only there for the day. As it appears now you need a whole weekend ticket £70.00 and a masterclass ticket £17.50 to attend a masterclass - a tad expensive for a three hour experience.

Added to which, Dominic refers people to you because he does'nt know and you do not answer the phone, which is either engaged or on answerphone. There is no point me leaving you a message on your answer phone so that you can respond by leaving me a message on mine.

The reason I was calling was to find out details, times and dates of events, because:

1. I have yet still to find the TIMETABLE OF EVENTS word doc download that you refer to on your website. And,

2. there is no mechanism for checking availability of places on masterclasses other than by telephone, emails seem to go to Dominic, who as I said above, refers people to you.

i rang a week or so ago to check camping stuff cant remember who i spoke to

The time table of events is supposed to be up a couple of weeks before the event once every body running stuff has confirmed etc
by my reconing thats around the end of this week

I didnt know the master classes where only for weekend ticket holders definatly not on the website that or if it is its not obvious theres lots of pages of one word links dotted around so i may have missed one

ATB
Duncan

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just got through to Dominic, who confirmed that the masterclasses are indeed on Sunday so I've managed to book in for the Wild Food one I wanted. I'll be there from first thing on Saturday morning. Would be there Thursday evening but can't really get out of my son's birthday on the Friday (and he doesn't want to come along).

DGC, so, are you going to display a CD? I will probably still go on sunday but miffed at not being able to do the Masterclass.

Yes - I'll hang a CD round my neck (natural cordage of course!) or on my rucksack.

Geoff

Not bothering now.

I wanted to go to a masterclass, but apparently you need a weekend ticket to book a slot on masterclasses. I can only go for a day so its a tad pointless spending the dosh for a whole weekend ticket - I'm not in the money giving away business.

Added to which I cannot get thru to anyone there on the telephone - and I have been trying for about a week. There is no point me leaving them a message on their answerphone so that they can call me to leave a message on my answerphone.

Masterclasses are on Sunday morning, if they are not full then they become available to Day Visitors on the Sunday, so if thats the day you were thinking of attending it would be worth asking at the gate which masterclasses have spaces left on them;)

Timetable of events should be online in the next couple of days, we aren't able to confirm them until we've had all the information back from the various instructors which means we have to leave it until the last minute. There are lots to choose from this year too.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Masterclasses are on Sunday morning, if they are not full then they become available to Day Visitors on the Sunday, so if thats the day you were thinking of attending it would be worth asking at the gate which masterclasses have spaces left on them

Can you ensure then that the people on the gate know what is available and do not need to spend half an hour running around finding out, I for one would appreciate it.

welshwoodsman

Jan 14, 2006
llanelli
The amount of knives have stayed the same,got rid of the rubbish, just keeping the top quality stuff now.As usual though, none of them stay in a drawer, they all get used. After all, that's what they're meant for!

Dec 8, 2006
Derby
got my weekend ticket in the post this morning along with the wild food school MC, really looking forward to it
just how many of you are going with cd badges then? :)

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
got my weekend ticket in the post this morning along with the wild food school MC, really looking forward to it
just how many of you are going with cd badges then? :)

Only there for the sunday but CD will be attached, either to a day rucksack or a Maxpedition Versipack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE