anyone going to bowyer course (woodsmoke) this weekend

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i'm not going, much as i'd love to. have fun, and a full report will be required!

the guys and girls at woodsmoke are brilliant, arguably the finest bushcraft school on the planet!

cheers, and.

Catch22

May 12, 2012
Preston, Lancashire
I had the pleasure of doing the Trailbreaker course this last weekend as a birthday present and had a great time, managed to get lots more done due to there only being 5(!) of us instead of the max 14 limit. Really got a good introduction to Bushcraft on the weekend course, despite there being a months worth of rain over the 2 days we were there. If (more like when) I'm to go back, I'd love to do the Bowyer course so let us know how you get on! And most importantly, enjoy!

MrHare

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2012
Skipton,Yorkshire
you ain't kidding!
was a truy epic experience
and absolutely brilliant
although everywhere that kit can be hung to dry on is covered at the moment!

It was indeed. Excellent course, really very good. The folks at Woodsmoke did an fantastic job in some truly horrible weather, everyone seemed to keep their sense of humour and just get on with things. I'm an anti social sod at best and not comfortable with strangers, but the atmosphere was comfortable, relaxed and enjoyable the whole time.

As for learning, Steve knows his archery stuff well - archery geek that I am I couldn't criticise a thing. I learned a lot, and came away confident in being able to carry on and learn more about bowyering on my own.

Evil weather aside, the course was even better than I'd anticipated. Thanks to all involved, students and woodsmoke crew alike.

Hi fellas,

Glad you enjoyed it! The weather was truly biblical! :canoe: Arc building course next!

I'm out on the Woodlander course for the rest of the week, so bare with me til the weekend and I'll email you the apres course info abouth where to source all the gear you were using at the weekend, from reading lists and arrow shafts to leather hides and sinew. Hope to see you round the camp fire again sometime (in better weather!)

Cheers, Ben

May 18, 2009
UK
Well the Woodlander course was just fantastic, I've learned so much and it was clear that that was really just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what the guys know. And yes, it was a tad on the muddy side... well done to the guys for keeping it fun despite some pretty grotty weather. Count me another Woodsmoke fan - I'll definitely be back for another course sometime in the not-too-distant future! :)

Post-course shopping list - books on knots, knife work, plants and tracking, a folding saw, sharpening stones, hammock and tarp. Better start saving...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE