2 Night Suffolk Bushcraft Monthly Meeting Friday 5th to Sunday 7th September 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
is it a challenge weekend or are you just trying things out ? may be possible that i wont be working this w/end, is it ok if i just turn up if i am free ??
Hi, toadstool carver.
This is one of our standard monthly meetings as laid out in first post, but I've just put a 24 hour response pack together and tempted to try it this weekend, depending on how well it goes it mite be a 48 hour pack☺

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Hi Guys, if things go to plan tomorrow, I will be able to attend for Friday night, been told must attend family barbecue Sat eve. Will be good to catch up with you all again.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, thanks for a grate weekend lads and also a big thanks to colin for the folding cup. My response pack lasted the full weekend with flying colours, to be honest better than I ever expected, thankfully the weather was in my favour being nice all weekend. The total time from arrival at the site to consumption of an external item not in my response pack was 54 hours ☺ now wondering if I can do a 72 hour stint out of a response pack, maybe a challenge for next year. Later Carl

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Unlike Carl I only went for 24 hours, but would have sufficient for 48 hours, especially if I replaced some equipment for more food.

This is the Snugpak Response Pak, the only things on the outside of the bag was a headnet (part of my carry anywhere would normally be in pocket) and Saywer filter etc (water was allowed to be carried separately, ie not in the Response Pak).

This is the contents of the Snugpak Response Pak, ground sheet (from old tent outer) was also in Response Pak, I had 8 safety pins in the survival tin which helped to create a bathtub and stop some of the insects.

This is my Camp, below the Sol Bivy Lite bag is a blow up bed, this is shown in the picture above next to the orange bag.

This is showing bannock bread being cooked on sticks (lesson learn't don't make it too thick on the stick otherwise it will drop off - sausage size is good)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE