anyone else out this weekend?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Because it poured down all Sunday night and Monday , the river really swelled and was becoming dangerous to cross, so we sort of formed a chain for safety and had our packs undone , just in case, we all slipped at various points and certain members of the group , who shall remain nameless, dropped my plate and large cooking pot lid , and because the water was flowing so fast , they were lost forever.
Still better than a team member or full pack for that matter .unfortunately didn't have enough hands to film the incident !

Where theres blame theres a claim !! Insurance company wanted video evidence..

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Because it poured down all Sunday night and Monday , the river really swelled and was becoming dangerous to cross, so we sort of formed a chain for safety and had our packs undone , just in case, we all slipped at various points and certain members of the group , who shall remain nameless, dropped my plate and large cooking pot lid , and because the water was flowing so fast , they were lost forever.
Still better than a team member or full pack for that matter .unfortunately didn't have enough hands to film the incident !

Where theres blame theres a claim !! Insurance company wanted video evidence..

Just has a look at the video and doesn't look the nicest weather!

Shame about the lid and plate but as you say its better than a mate or rucksack :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Managed to get a quick day/night out Wednesday for a kit test. Aims were to see if its possible to tiller a bow using the branches of a pine as a brace and to see if our "portable tiller tree" is a winner. Both ideas worked well as you would imagine with us making bows for the past 50,000 years without a metal vice. :rolleyes:
Hopefuly one day our idea of running courses will be possible.

Managed to get a quick day/night out Wednesday for a kit test. Aims were to see if its possible to tiller a bow using the branches of a pine as a brace and to see if our "portable tiller tree" is a winner. Both ideas worked well as you would imagine with us making bows for the past 50,000 years without a metal vice. :rolleyes:
Hopefuly one day our idea of running courses will be possible.

Sounds cool, will keep my eyes peeled for that. :)

I only dropped them because I thought Ivan might dive in after them :D

Next time we'll get him, don't worry ;)

Mongoose13

Feb 17, 2011
Sounds fun, wish I could have been there. Definitely coming next time though!! :)

I still havent seen my knife!! :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE