Anyone been to Lammermuir Hills?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
I've been a frequent visitor of the Pentland Hills these last few years but I find that it's busy almost all year round with very few good spots for tents and even fewer spots for hammocking.

I'd like to take the dog and do an overnight bike or hike in the Lammermiurs.

Anyone know a trail?

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
I've been up a few times. Most of the land is open moorland but there are a few patches of trees, especially near the reservoirs. There's a track that goes from Gifford to Lauder but there are also a few landrover tracks used for grouse shooting. Last time I was up there I found a nice little valley to the West of Hopes reservoir that had a few nice spots where I think you could pitch a tent.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Thanks for replying! Glad to hear someone knows the area. Could you please suggest a overnight trail? I live in Edinburgh and wanted to drive down, park the car somewhere and get lost for 2 days. Hang my hammock up and test out my new underquilt!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE