Anybody out there?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beardyal

Jun 11, 2015
Cheshire
Hi all, I'm very new to Bushcraft, despite attempting to practice at home (rubbish attempts at making a fire in my back yard mainly). I'm in Cheshire so I don't really have many places to stroll out to, but if anyone knows of anywhere please let me know!

These forums look great, I probably should have signed up years ago, anyways, hello all, I'm looking forward to combing through your forums even more.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Welcome from Geordieland, you might be better posting in this thread again in daylight as this forum is very quiet during the night, if you bump your thread in daylight people will see it at the top of the daily/new posts list and you'll get more responses as most people use this feature to keep up to date with new content

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hi Welcome to forum.

have you looked at Google maps? That is bets thing to do and then go out on a reccy and see what's what. Seems to be plenty of wooded areas near you. May find a nice little spot where you can chill out for the day or have a sneaky over-nighter?

Also peak-district and Wales are not far from you.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi and welcome to BCUK,
Hope you enjoy yourself, have look in your local area section on the boards and you.should find a local.group. Failing that, maps, Google and my favourite Geograph will help you find places to go and practice/play.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey beardyal welcome! I know the area around Nantwich well - Reaseheath college is running a bushcraft course next year, so there's a bit of woodland with bushcraft potential on their site... Enjoy it here, there are a lot of great people ...

Beardyal

Jun 11, 2015
Cheshire
Thanks for the pointers and the welcomes! I have had a look at google earth and found quite a few bits of woodland along the canal from me, a shame most of them are areas of special scientific interest though.

Looks like driving out to somewhere will be my main way of getting out. The course at Reaseheath sounds interesting, I studied there on a few short courses in horticuture a while back so I'll look the course up.

Looks like I'll be having to sneak about a lot more than I thought, but that's never a bad thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE