Any snorkeler's in south east Scotland?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Looking for anyone interested in snorkeling this summer (my old buddy dose'nt do it anymore) ive not been out for over a year but would like to get out again this year, mainly around this location,

PICT0010.jpg

its the old jetty at pettico wick, right side shallow water drop off only a few feet at high tide,left side up to about 10ft at high tide once out theres plenty to see,
old remains of the SS Odense(bits of it) plenty of Marine life, if anyone north east England or south east Scotland ever fancies it pm me.

looking to right,

PICT0012.jpg

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Looking for anyone interested in snorkeling this summer (my old buddy dose'nt do it anymore)

that the guy you told me about that didn't make it back after the last snorkeling trip?

only kidding mate :) seems to be a wide variety off skills on here sure there be a few folk take the hand off you for some local knowledge

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yep Stoo that's the one, wink wink.As i stood looking into the clear water whilst drinking my chocolate,made me realise what ive been missing, roll on summer to heat it up abit.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I have done a wee bit of snorkelling and am keen to do more this year. Pity i'm in the north east instead of the south east!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yep ive tried but there's alot of kelp around there to get the old rod snagged on,there is however alot of differant fish in there especially in summer, ive seen flat fish,dogfish,wrasse,young pollack,saithe,edible crab by the ton,and there is lobster as well, i know a few spots that have less kelp.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
av done a few dives around the corner at st abbs and maybe 1 or 2 at pettico wick - going back about about 20 years thou - got some nice fish and lobster - great place to snorkel as the waters a lot cleaner than the tyne :rolleyes::D:D:D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi nugget's yep its clean clear water,when my brother comes up he always gets a few boat dives from St Abb's,he got me into snorkeling not got the diving bug yet,did you shore dive from pettico? and did you see the odense boilers if you did? id got out once and was getting dry at the car park at the top of the slope,when three Minke whales surfaced just near to where we'd been.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Have you got Lobster before gowersponger? I can't hold my breath long enough to search/fight the blighters, my brother who's part fish and doesnt have such problems has caught a few this way,he take's a piece of wire with a hook shape'd on to one end to dislodge them from there retreat's,then as they come out fighting grab's them,just watch your fingers.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Will do- never explored that part of the world before so might get down there this summer for a wee family camping hol.. will give you a shout nearer the time.

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
Have you got Lobster before gowersponger? I can't hold my breath long enough to search/fight the blighters, my brother who's part fish and doesnt have such problems has caught a few this way,he take's a piece of wire with a hook shape'd on to one end to dislodge them from there retreat's,then as they come out fighting grab's them,just watch your fingers.

no it will be my first time in the summer i no a man that does it every year and he uses the half broom hanfle with bent coat hanger on the end trick ive got some heavy duty wetsuit gloves waiting to get the buggers

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Was that recently, id not heard anything,a sailborder was unfortunately lost a sea last year,near Pease bay(about 8 miles north) and his body was missing for month's it was eventually found at a beach in Fife if i remember correctly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE