Any Klean Kanteen users

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just emptied my Klean Kanteen of water after work today and noticed some rust spots appearing. Has anyone else had any issues with them.
I have emailed the company I bought it from and awaiting a reply from them.

I have used others in the past from Stanley and Tatonka without problem. The only reason I have switched was the wide mouth option.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Can't say I have mate- mines always been great. I have the big 64oz one and its always stayed good inside. Only thing I can think of is if a small amount of liquid was left in with the lid off for a while it might rust? I reckon they'll just send you a knew one- or at least I'd hope they would.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Only had it two weeks and empty it when I get home and stand it upside down overnight.
Dunno, will see what they say when I get a reply.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've got a couple, one old and battered and another that i got recently in the states I haven't had any issues with either.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Mmmmm. Wondering now if its just a one off that's faulty.
May have a look at the Pathfinder one as an alternative.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I got in touch with Klean Kanteen themselves about a month ago (not the company I actually bought my bottles from -HH) as I was getting annoyed with my lids leaking, if I did the lid up tight enough to stop any leaks it would twist and crumple the silicone gasket and mean I had to hulk tighten even more to maintain a water proof seal, and if I did it up loose enough for this not to happen I would get a slow leak from the lid.

I got a reply from a very nice woman asking for my address and she sent my two brand new lids (as I have two bottles).

Didn't solve the problem mind you, I still get leaks, but their customer service is up with the best I've experienced.

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
I've got about 5 of the 800ml ones. One 1200ml one. One 2000ml one. Plus the pint cups for home and insulated versions. Our entire family uses them. I've never had a single issue like you in over 7 years with all of them. I never leave home without at least 2 or more of them. I had the leaking sport cap issue a few years back but they did a recall and sent new lids for 5 of my bottles.
The only downside I've found with them is they make you a water snob and my camelbak tastes horrible now and I can't use any plastic bottles as I can't stand the taste.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE