Any good Canvas weave dust sheet as a tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
3.6x2.7 m - you'd have to fabsil it so add another £15 quid or so. I'm guessing the edges would need stitching, grommets/eyelets and reinforcement points adding etc.

Perhaps a false economy once you put it all together?

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
well was thinking of just plain tarp,no gromments/eyelets just using webbing which I have and if the tarp was 3x3 approx. I would have spare material for reinforcement on stress points and I already have the Fabsil

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
well was thinking of just plain tarp,no gromments/eyelets just using webbing which I have and if the tarp was 3x3 approx. I would have spare material for reinforcement on stress points and I already have the Fabsil

In that case I think it'd do the job. It'd be heavy but I'm guessing as you want canvas not synthetic that's ok.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
It can be done. I made one, it lasted years and was waterproof... pictures on here somewhere

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

N

Nomad

Plenty of twill weave ones to be had for about 7 quid (put 'cotton dust sheet' into eBay search). I don't know if canvas weave is more suitable than twill, however. Twill drapes better, apparently, which might make it better for dust sheets, but does it have disadvantages for a tarp?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE