Any Bushcraft Gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Liam1811

Banned
Mar 10, 2009
Kent, England
I do not wish to beg for any items or anything and I know haven't been here long but you guys all seem like such a close knit community. I am only 16, with no job and therefore do not have sufficient money to acquire my own gear at the moment. I am not after the best gear ever but as I have seen, there are a few kinda essentials that are needed. Was just wondering if anyone has any spare things in the attic or rotting somewhere, if they wouldn't mind letting me know. I do not really have much to offer but once I have a job and get slightly older I am happy to re-make this post and will have money to offer.

Thanks a bunch, for your time!

Liam :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I couldn`t wait to reach 16 so I could get a proper job and start earning some brass. I remember my first wage packet in 1991 went on a brand new BSA Goldstar air rifle. I worked in Morrisons supermarket stacking shelves and chasing shoplifters for 20 hours a week. Made some good friends in the process and even met the future wife :)

I'll have a root around in the loft and see if I can dig out some stuff but I think I`ve sold most of it on.

At 14, I fixed bikes for 1.50 an hour every day after school and on Saturdays I did gardening. I saved a whole year and a half to buy a Commodore Amiga.

I too am a bit slim on "spare" kit, having just started acquiring a lot of it myself.

I think it's time to learn how to make a pop can burner, buy a 6 quid tarp and mattresses and blankets out of ferns and bin bags full of leaves. You'll put us all to shame :)

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
When I were a lad I worked 22 hours down t'pit for a clip round the ear............. is this turning into that sort of thread? We all worked hard for our cash when we were young but, we don't know anything about Liam other than what he's just written, so until we are completely sure he is a workshy fop, let's leave off shall we?

I've got some ceramic rods you can have for when you get a knife if you pm me with your address Liam, other than that I have very little to spare.

Is there a Freecycle forum in your area? If so you could try that - it's for people wanting to pass on stuff they no longer want rather than sending it to landfill - I got some old 58 pattern webbing from my local one and have passed on tons of stuff - it's a great way to recycle and it's free.

Cheers, Magentus

pheasant plucker

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2007
Birmingham, England
I know poundland has some gear in at the moment like knife,fork,spoons and some enamel mugs, bowls and plates so I'd say when you get some spare cash go and do some shopping there. Have you got a knife?? Or is that a stupid question as the media leads us to believe all teenagers carry knives lmao ; ) It might be better to list some of the things that you've got and then people may be able to help you out.
PP

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I know poundland has some gear in at the moment like knife,fork,spoons and some enamel mugs, bowls and plates so I'd say when you get some spare cash go and do some shopping there. Have you got a knife?? Or is that a stupid question as the media leads us to believe all teenagers carry knives lmao ; ) It might be better to list some of the things that you've got and then people may be able to help you out.
PP

Good idea PP, i get some kit from the pound shops. Got 2 army like mess tins, glo sticks etc, can't go wrong really.

pheasant plucker

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2007
Birmingham, England
Good idea PP, i get some kit from the pound shops. Got 2 army like mess tins, glo sticks etc, can't go wrong really.

And me, do you squeak when you walk like me? :lmao: (I'm not tight really lmao). I really like the enamel ware in there especially the round plate come bowl thingy as it holds stew really well and saves taking a separate bowl if you're trying to keep weight down. They eve have some swiss army style knives in poundland to.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
And me, do you squeak when you walk like me? :lmao: (I'm not tight really lmao). I really like the enamel ware in there especially the round plate come bowl thingy as it holds stew really well and saves taking a separate bowl if you're trying to keep weight down. They eve have some swiss army style knives in poundland to.

My dad says i'm tighter than two coats of paint. :D

They had those insulated mugs in there last time i was in, packs of 2 as well.

Liam1811

Banned
Mar 10, 2009
Kent, England
When I were a lad I worked 22 hours down t'pit for a clip round the ear............. is this turning into that sort of thread? We all worked hard for our cash when we were young but, we don't know anything about Liam other than what he's just written, so until we are completely sure he is a workshy fop, let's leave off shall we?

I've got some ceramic rods you can have for when you get a knife if you pm me with your address Liam, other than that I have very little to spare.

Is there a Freecycle forum in your area? If so you could try that - it's for people wanting to pass on stuff they no longer want rather than sending it to landfill - I got some old 58 pattern webbing from my local one and have passed on tons of stuff - it's a great way to recycle and it's free.

Cheers, Magentus

I suppose it is a fair comment, I can give you my word I am 16, although it is obviously everyone's decision here to believe now or wait and see how they feel about me. To be honest I do not really have any gear, well I have boots and a 75 litre bag, but apart from that I do not really have much gear, I mean I have some plastic containers that that's about it. I do not have a knife atm no and I tried looking for a section where people are throwing stuff out but I suppose there either isn't one or I didn't quite look hard enough, most likely the latter. Thanks for all your help and input guys and hope to hear from you all soon and see you around!

Liam1811

Banned
Mar 10, 2009
Kent, England
Thanks a bunch mate, as soon as I manage to find a job, I have actually been looking, although most places I've been seem reluctant to hire a 16 yr old in the recession. I will get my details to you ASAP.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you fancy making a hobo stove liam I think I've got a ss drainer and a coffee container for you to muck about with.

PM me your details if you want to have a go :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Hey Liam send me a pm with your name and address and I'll send you a frost mora knife and a firesteel, I'll have a look and see what else I've got ; )
PP

I think this is an admirable gesture - but I suggest you make contact with the parent of the young man and address the knife to them with their consent - otherwise you are comitting a criminal offence.

This goes off and I'll do you a sheath for it as a gesture to get you started......

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Right, now will anyone explain to me what this thing called `Employment` is?

I have heard its a bad thing, but everyone seems to be very keen on having it; and are desolate if they lack.

-----------

When I was 16 my ambition was to own my very own Encyclopedia Britannica.

I got one off Freecycle a while back.

-----------

I have a black army bottle and flint and steel.

I have also a 2 man tent you may have, but Id need postage for that, Im not made of money you know.

-----------------------

Have you a local car boot? I get most of my gear there.

j.dee69

Mar 7, 2009
Lancashire
Hi Liam, i'm also new to this site but i'm lucky to have my own kit and some spare stuff knocking around. i've got a army tarp thats in good nick you can have and i'll have a look around to see what else i have i'm sure i'll get you off to a good start.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

I wasn`t having a go Magentus I was just stating the fact that I was looking forward to being able to earn a small wage rather than living on "allowance" from my parents. It made me learn how to save for stuff like my B reg mini mayfair and those Nike Air trainers I just had to have.

I'm all for giving away gear if I've got it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE