Any bowhunters on here?

Jun 9, 2009
Colorado
of Course non that hunt with a bow in the Uk due to the fact that it is illegal.
Which is such a shame and part of the reason i left england, but wanted to see if there are any guys that maybe travel to europe or other countries overseas to bowhunt.
Always thought it was so crazy to to have banned bowhunting in a country thats history was pretty much built on the bow and arrow.

i have hunted pretty much all over, very challenging hunting and nothing more rewarding than bringing meat to the table that you'v killed with the bow and arrow

IVY_20080707_0070-1.jpg

IVY_20080709_2248-1.jpg

IVY_20080820_0282-3.jpg

IVY_20090216_3358-1.jpg

always been quite a misconception that bowhunting is an ineffective or inhuman method of hunting generally by people that have never seen someone shoot a hunting bow and have not taken the time to research it properly, it is however far from that it is a very effective hunting tool

anyone interested in looking up Archery in the uk check out

http://www.nfas.net/

there are also a very good group of guys on the http://www.britishbowhunters.co.uk/

that are working hard to help promote bowhunting in the Uk

lets see some of your bows or bowhunting pics if you have some

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
nice pecaries. As you stated Its illegal over here so people don't do it. There are a remarkable number of hypothetical bow hunters who shoot at pictures and mock targets.
Arrows are sharp objects and would legally come into the same category as a fixed blade knife, no one over here has them either.

Hi A.IVY
I'm one of those field archer guys who shoots at pictures (and 3d models) of animals. Member of NFAS etc.
Never been hunting myself, but some of our club members do go hunting in Africa, and U.S. I'm fairly new to the sport, and for now I'm quite happy just shooting at targets. Not sure if actual live animal hunting with bows appeals to me, although I have been shooting (shot gun etc) and I think that if you are going to eat meat you should be completely familiar with where it's come from.
I've just bought a nice AFB / Longbow from Blacktail bows, so looking forward to trying that out at the weekend. What are you shooting?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi there,

Where abouts in Colorado are you ?, i spent a few days in Vail last October, enjoyed some good walks on the local trails, and fell in love with the mountains, and the amount of space you have !.

Rob

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Slightly OT

But I am another convert from GNAS to NFAS Field Archer shooting AFB (American Flatbow), HT (Hunting Tackle using a Browning Olympian) and UL (Unlimited using an Oneida TomCat). Field it so much more interesting than Target IMHO.

I have not hunted with a bow or anything else for that matter. Not for any other reason than opportunity.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I've been out in Arkansas sat up a tree for many hours. I didn't have a permit so couldn't shoot but no-matter as whenever we hunt together someone tells the deer. Seen loads whenever we aren't hunting though.

He fills his tag every year with a bow, muzzleloader and rifle, and eats them all. Venison sausage is lurvely.

Jun 9, 2009
Colorado
Im just outside of Gunnison
the amount of space here is so nice, possibilities are endless. i love being able to pick up my bow and fly rod and disappear into the mountains and actually be able to shoot and catch fish. one thing i remember about the uk was that there where so few places to really get away from everything, very crowded

i shot a few os the NFAS shoots in the Uk and some of them are great fun nice way to get out and have some fun shooting 3D targets

good luck with the new blacktail David! nice bows

in the pics above im shooting a Super shrew longbow that is only 56" long and 62lbs at my 28.5 inch draw length i have shot recurve and started out with a compound but now just shoot the longbow.

here's a couple from South Africa And Australia killed that buff with one arrow

P1010039.jpg

Australia2201-2.jpg

Andy

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
nice pecaries. As you stated Its illegal over here so people don't do it. Arrows are sharp objects and would legally come into the same category as a fixed blade knife, no one over here has them either.

lol yep i would definitely not do it ! lol and i defo dont make and own dozens of arrows tipped with wenzel woodsman broadheads! lol

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Nice to see someone getting it right with a bow, well done!

I'm another NFAS member that has never hunted with a bow.

This is the about closest I get, can't remember the distance now but would have been around 30 yards, I was well pleased with the grouping...
DSC00301.jpg

Simon

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Always thought it was so crazy to to have banned bowhunting in a country thats history was pretty much built on the bow and arrow.

Just because a country's history was built on a particular activity doesn't mean it should still go on. The U.S.'s history was built on knocking off the indigenous peoples......!

Jim

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Nice to see someone getting it right with a bow, well done!

I'm another NFAS member that has never hunted with a bow.

This is the about closest I get, can't remember the distance now but would have been around 30 yards, I was well pleased with the grouping...
DSC00301.jpg

Simon

nice grouping there mate! you can come out and not shoot game with me anytime!

S

skoper

iv done some bowhunting, whilst being out of the country of course,,,,i like to shoot my bows as much as possible,,and rabbit sized targets out to thirty yards are quite easy given todays modern bows,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE