Any body used any Helikon gear/clothing..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have just discovered a polish company called Helikon. There gear looks quite reasonably priced and seems to get decent reviews on the internet.

Has anyone used any of their stuff? Would recommended it?

edelweiss

Sep 27, 2011
Austria
I've used some Helikon products. SFU shirts, BDU trousers, a Patriot fleece jacket and recently a field parka. I'd say it is quite decent stuff for the price you
pay for. Drawcord broke on my fleece jacket after two years, and I had to re-do part of a seam on the parkas cuff velcro which had come loose.
I won't say it's top quality, but "sufficient" for many things... and if it breaks, you don't lose a fortune.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've got a field jacket and a pair of trousers of thiers and they're both very good. The jacket's quite heavy, but it's got all the bells and whistles, loads of pockets, pit zips etc.

Cheers, Michael.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I have just discovered a polish company called Helikon. There gear looks quite reasonably priced and seems to get decent reviews on the internet.

Has anyone used any of their stuff? Would recommended it?

little known fact, they sell to the American market under the brand name 'Condor' most of my gear is mixed condor/helikon stuff, affordable, and very hard wearing!

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Yep got a smock from them it's ok and just that. Finish is not the best but good range of colours ,what are you thinking of buying from then ?

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
Anybody got their ECWCS parka, I used to have a genuine one years ago and loved it, can't afford another Genuine Gore-tex one(~£300), the Helikon one is claimed to be identical for £80.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
SFU trousers are great, I have one pair and like them enough to have another on order. Is there anywhere that carries their full line here or Germany? Military 1st is where I got my trousers, but some of their other stuff looks interesting too.

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
Anybody got their ECWCS parka, I used to have a genuine one years ago and loved it, can't afford another Genuine Gore-tex one(~£300), the Helikon one is claimed to be identical for £80.

£300 for an ECWCS parka? They're dirt cheap since the US Army went over to ACU and Multicam. You can often find them for 20 quid or less.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
It's a expensive bin liner great for loosing weight you'll sweat like a pig no matter how you layer up it breaths like a bulldog.

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
£300 for an ECWCS parka? They're dirt cheap since the US Army went over to ACU and Multicam. You can often find them for 20 quid or less.

Any Clues where to look?

It's a expensive bin liner great for loosing weight you'll sweat like a pig no matter how you layer up it breaths like a bulldog.

Do you mean the Helikon one, the genuine one I had was fine I wore it when I was a Pushbike Courier and It was fine.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales

there are two out, I have the £80 quider, it's not the 'goretex vesion' that oneis about £140 last time i saw one. in all fairness it's a good jacket, thin enough to get good layering, and heavy enough to keep you warm with just a tshirt underneath

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
there are two out, I have the £80 quider, it's not the 'goretex vesion' that oneis about £140 last time i saw one. in all fairness it's a good jacket, thin enough to get good layering, and heavy enough to keep you warm with just a tshirt underneath
Sounds like I'd sweat to death in it when layering :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE