Any amateur (or pro) video editors here? Advice required.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I want to make a video of a typical 10 hour day in my workshop. Rather than using video cameras I will be using 3 Canon and 1 Nikon stills cameras. I won't recording video with these DSLRs, I'll be using time lapse photogaphy. I may also add some video shot on my Sony compact camera. What I want to know is this - Is there any easy way to drop 100s of still photos into the video timeline or will I have to add each still frame individually? I will be using the Windows software that is bundled with Vista but will spend some money if there is a need.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I think picasa will make a slide show video from any folder. Not sure if you can vary the frame rate but you could always edit that in a standard video package. Either way, look for a tweak able slides how feature you can point at a folder.

If in doubt photoshop can also do it.

M

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The windows software will do that no problem and you can add an audio track. You can multi tag the photo's and drag them into the project.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
There is an excellent freeware program called virtualdub which I use to import lots [thousands] of images. As long as they are within the same folder and seqentially named it picks them up automatically. You can alter frame rates, compression ratios, change brigthness/contrast - a whole load of visual editing stuff can be done [or not].

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE