Another Swede

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I suppose I should introduce myself.

I've been an outdoor person the last 35 or so years, with an interest in survival/primitive tech for most of that time. I'm somewhat active in the Swedish Survival Guild (Svenska Överlevnadssällskapet, a club for studying and teaching wilderness survival).

My main interests are in long term skills, with an unreachable goal of being good enought to actually walk out with an axe and a knife and never comming back again, and not by quietly dying in an abandoned bus a few weeks later. So I study both the "survival" bits, the crafts bit, and the primitive tech bits, wanting to know enought to make replacements for as much as possible of my gear.

Currently I live in what is logically the middle of Sweden, but by summer I'll be moving closer to what is geographically the middle of Sweden (Jämtland).

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have loads of experience to share.
I spend a couple of months every year in Sweden and Norway as I'm married to a swede. Do you have any links or info on the course your organization run?( P.S. I can understand a little Swedish.)
Cheers David

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Welcome forestwalker.

As already said, we look forward to hearing about your experiences and maybe seeing some of your activities/creations in photographs. I am truly envious of the Swedish nations right to roam, light fires, camp, eat and use axes/knives without the fear of being arrested and branded a criminal What a sad state of affairs we have now.

I am starting to feel guilty about taking out any sharps in the great outdoors for fear of being searched. It is a joke really...but not funny...

Careful or I might start to rant :banghead:

Anyway mate enjoy the forum ;)

Cheers
Craeg

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Hi Forestwalker.
I've travelled a bit in Norway but haven't done as much in Sweden yet, only Skone and I'm told that doesn't count.

Hrrrmmm! Who told you that? Here are both broad-leaved forest and softwood in a nice mix. Not that large areas as in upper Sweden, but it definitive counts.

;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE