Another spoon and some Twca Cams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Made this spoon last night- 15" long in willow, from a crook so very little short grain.

wopperspoon3.jpg

wopperspoon1.jpg

I carved the bowl out with a Twca Cam similar to these ones, these are 50 and 60mm diameter.

twcas.jpg

And the new version of my Fawcett blades- these have been out on test for a while now and the feedback is very positive, expect to see both on my 'site very soon.

Fawcettgen2.jpg

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
nice work would have liked to have seen the wood before you started regards dave

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Nic, I can't work out whether you're a very good woodworker for a blacksmith or a very good blacksmith for a woodworker,(having looked at your website I guess it's the first). Without a doubt you are a very talented man.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
That made me laugh out loud! thanks. If I am making tools I figured that it was important to be able to use them, just went from there really. What I like about woodworking is that as I am not selling the time it takes me is of no concern, which is lucky because I am really slow, just get lost in watching the shavings peel away.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE