another puukko just finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
well almost! little bit of polishing and a sheath needed. made from 5mm o1 but the blade with the grind is 4mm at its thickest leaving a nice thick tang.
100mm blade length and 230mm overall.
used up some scraps of micarta, g10 and a little piece of kirinite for the handle and managed to get a good pien this time, o1 can work harden quickly!
any way hope you like it as much as i do! its not perfect but im really pleased with this one.

Attachments

• puuko5.jpg
    puuko5.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 71
  • puuko2.jpg
    puuko2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 67
  • puuko4.jpg
    puuko4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 77

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Wow!!! That is a thing of beauty!!
I love that one! Great choice of colours...
The high grind is very elegant too..

Your work is exquisite Mark.
Top job

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Tidy!

Lovely clean knife. I'v often wondered why you don't see more micarta puukkos. Such a durable handle combo

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
sold three and have one heat treated but still unfinished, not sure i ever will? just lost interest in them.

Ah, that’s a pity, I was interested to see how they performed, I have a Nepalese khukuri, which is very pretty but super thick and heavy, I really like the capability of them, but was thinking of getting a lighter, thinner one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE