Another one of my woodburning cooking contraptions...

This one might be my final - made up of hot basket, two deep pots, deep pan, two military kidney cups, two mugs & utensils all fit inside eachother.
RowardrennanforestLomond244.jpg

Heavy-ish but folds down quite small - fits down in the footwell of my sea kayak.
RowardrennanforestLomond243.jpg

The pot in the background hangs on the hook - you can adjust the height of the pan above the coals by raising or lowering
the potstand on the threaded rod - it bites when weight is on it - (just an oversized nut on the rod)
RowardrennanforestLomond228.jpg

Wind break/reflector collapses down flat.
RowardrennanforestLomond226.jpg

RowardrennanforestLomond210.jpg

RowardrennanforestLomond208.jpg

RowardrennanforestLomond205.jpg

RowardrennanforestLomond204.jpg

RowardrennanforestLomond202.jpg

Last edited:
I put it together for canoe trips - fits down in the foowell of my sea kayak in a net bag - It is a tad heavy but using the basket with my aluminum potset more than halfs the weight - also the alu pots fit right down into the basket so it's smaller too - would'nt backpack too far with it even then then - but OK for canoeing or from car. The pots are not really important so it boils down to a fire basket & folding windbreak.
I usually try to avoid having a fire on the ground plus you don't need to sweat over wood supplies with such a small controlled fire.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE