Another MYGO Project- Tarp!

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
You may recall that i started to become a MYOG'er. I did a post on a few things i made.
Here- http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98878

Well here's my latest project. A small tarp. It measures 1.5m x 2m. Its a light tarp and made from 2oz PU ripstop from point north (excellent company by the way). It has grossgrain tie outs and im very please. The color is black and is to cover a hammock chair that im going to make out of some parachute ripstop.
I think the seams turned out very well but the tie outs where a bit messy.
I hope you like it and i am hook as a MYOG'er now! :)
106_0764.jpg
106_0763.jpg
106_0765.jpg
106_0766.jpg
106_0769.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)
If anybody is thinking of doing a bit of MYOG'ing then just go for it. If you have a sewing machine its cheap to start.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Looks a good start chap, have a gander at Hammock forums if you have the time, lots of very good int on construction and materials, lots of good stuff on reinforcing tieouts :).

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Looks a good start chap, have a gander at Hammock forums if you have the time, lots of very good int on construction and materials, lots of good stuff on reinforcing tieouts :).

Thanks mate. I really enjoyed making it. I'll have a gander on the hammock forums. The tie outs are strong just not very neat. What other tips might you have up your sleave. Also are you a MYOG fan yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE