Jack Hargreaves nutcracker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
That east Asian joinery that doesn't require nails or cordage is very handy. I dipped into Japanese joinery a few years ago to see if I could use it in bushcraft/rustic applications. In Grandpa Amu's video "six mortise and tenon connection methods" the 4th method actually appears in bushcraft books as a way of making a pot hanger. Great link, Toddy, thanks :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I like to make wooden buttons. They are a good seller at craft fairs, and look good on my hand knits. I've used them on handmade bushcraft gear too, such as my wool shirt and leather pouch. Very easy to do. All you need is a fretsaw and a hand drill. Some sandpaper, and sometimes I'll beeswax them, or wood varnish them.
A nice easy project that even kids can do.
I made a cute broach for a pal by painting a design on a little slab of branchwood I'd cut at an angle, and araldited a broach back on.
I've also made runes. I used a soldering iron to burn the symbols onto the wood.
I also had an idea to make a draughts set, but haven't got round to that yet. I planned to make the board out of felt squares, so it could be rolled up and all kept in a small bag. Or perhaps a noughts and crosses set. Ideal for tent bound days ..as long as you have a pal with you.

• Love
Reactions: Kadushu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE