Another knife in Thuya Burr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
After making myself a knife not too long ago, i had some scrap left over, a bit of 01 and enough thuya burr for 1 scale for a normal sized bushy knife. I didn't want to throw it away as i liked the wood so i had a play and came up with this little fella. I figure it will be a good little knife to take shooting for skinning game. I will be making a simple sheath for it as i plan on this being a little pocket knife.

01 3mm
White liners
BL 2"
OL 5"

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

Last edited:

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
I can see why you wouldn't want to waste those scales! You've pulled that together real nice!

How long did you spend on it?

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Lovely little knife:)

Thuya root has to be my favorite wood for handles, Ive done couple of knives with it:D It's nice to work, great colour and I'm addicted to the smell:eek:

Here's my Svord peasant handled with it (bottom one)..........

DSCF2280.jpg

I've got a nice block sat on my PC waiting for my SWC bushy blade to arrive.

Richard

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
I always forget to comment on your knives mate. Keep visiting the thread and thinking how beautiful it is but never comment, so here it is. Superb work as usual :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I can see why you wouldn't want to waste those scales! You've pulled that together real nice!

How long did you spend on it?

By the time the sheath is finished i reckon it will have taken around a day or so to make. I have made it over a few days inbetween other stuff. It takes similar time to a normal sized bushy knife really. Not much less anyway.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yeah the smell is really nice :D I must say its my material of choice after making the last 2 knives with it. That was just some random offcut i found on ebay.

Nice svord, I like it:). Mine has some walnut scales on it.

Lovely little knife:)

Thuya root has to be my favorite wood for handles, Ive done couple of knives with it:D It's nice to work, great colour and I'm addicted to the smell:eek:

Here's my Svord peasant handled with it (bottom one)..........

DSCF2280.jpg

I've got a nice block sat on my PC waiting for my SWC bushy blade to arrive.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE