Angler's Bivvy as shelter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I'm thinking of getting a "Carp bivvy" as I do a lot of canoe/kayak camping where there are few trees. Weght isen't an issue.
What do you think of these?
bivvy.jpg

Im hoping to have a fire outside the bivvy.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
anthonyyy said:
Why are they called "Carp bivvies"? What's so special about carp angling?

They can be used for any kind of fishing that's static, but tend to be used by Carp anglers who set up and remain in one place for days, even weeks, on end. Proper little home from homes they can be too, with deluxe camp beds, comfy chairs and even portable TVs - I kid you not, I've seen it!

Carp are regarded as "specimen" fish and can grow to a great size and age, even in the relatively cold waters of the UK. I think the UK record is around 50lbs. They're also regarded as being very cunning and intelligent (the Carp - not the anglers :) )

Yeoman

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
It can be, but it has changed a lot in recent years.

The carp boys really pushed the technology forwards (for general course fishing) and the old expensive brands got some competition.

The big catalogues do some very good deals on things, but you can still get second hand from small local retailers.

Nothing wrong with keeping it simple though - my first fish was caught using some freelined bread (squeezed around a hook) and using another bit of bread as a bobbin. I still use the rod today.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE