And finally Z is for ..........................

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Zebra - I suspect we all know it is a stripy wild horse that lives in Africa and its stripes are
a remarkable camourflage considering nothing in the background is either black or white.
There are two main type of Zebra in Africa, Burkells and Hartmann's one is plains and the other a mountain Zebra.
zebra fish - apart from it being a species of wild fish it is also a hot research tool in Genetic
research because they are a vertebrate and breed quickly.
...........er

leon-1

Zoo, a place where animals are wrongfully imprisoned.

Zoology, The branch of biology that deals with animals and animal life, including the study of the structure, physiology, development, and classification of animals.

Zenith, Point on the celestial sphere directly above the observer's head.

Zedoary, another name for Turmeric the herb.

Zest, Flavor or interest; piquancy and the outermost part of the rind of an orange, lemon, or other citrus fruit, used as flavoring.

to get people started:D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Urrrr - Zebra also make rather fine stainless billy cans :D
Zulu - fousands of em
Zzzzzzz - (sleeping under the stars)
urr getting tenuous i know - i'll get my coat....
Rich

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Zygospore.....A zygospore is a special type of chlamydospore arising from sexual conjugation between two fungi. In addition to being thick-walled and darkly colored, a zygospore is usually heavily ornamented as well, with many spines or ridges. It is formed between two specialized organs called suspensors, which are themselves usually heavily ornamented, one from each mating partner. The zygospore forms between them and then breaks away. Zygospores give their name to an entire phylum of the kingdom of fungi, the Zygomycota. Zygospore formation was the first activity to be used as evidence for sexuality in fungi.

Taken from here ....now com'on, you didn't seriously think I carried that in my head :confused:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Zoroastrianism - a religion founded back in primitive times - and probably the first one to say there is only one God and that the purpose of life is doing good. I know that they had a strong relationship with one of my favourite birds - the vulture - clean up any mess.

Z cars - because I need to do a bit of detective work on who edited my thread starter. Must have been a moderator so my guess is it's Leon. Will you confess and will you come quietly?

Zip - the brief sharp hissing sound of Stovie's arrows going past your ear.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
zigger zagger, zigger zagger, oi OI OOOOIIIIIII. A shout often heard at scout camp fires

zap - the axe hit the tree
zoom - get out of here fast, that tree is going to fall!!

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Zulu (warrior) A member of a Bantu people of southeast Africa, primarily inhabiting northeast Natal province in South Africa. and used in the Telephonic alphabet for the letter Z :D

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
zero or
zilch - the number of times I have been to a bushcraft event so far. But I aim to change that in 2006

zen - I think that is when I stare into the fire for a couple of hours and then suddenly get enlightenment that I am thirsty for a drink of cold beer.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
ziplock, as in bags.
zero, as in bank at this time of the year :(
zits, as in too many days and nights of greasy food without soap and changes of clothes.
Zorro, my bro with a knife after 4 cans of tennants super :yikes:
Zwack - Some alcoholic drink from Hungary. It is probably cough medicine or hair restorer, but a real winter warmer in a kuksa :D

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
shall I swear?

Zippo....as in lighter!! :yikes: :eek: :yikes:

Zulu...as in "don't throw those spears at me!"...:AR15firin

"Zippidy doo daah, zippidy day!"....the tune I whistle when i'm in the woods.....:yelrotflm

zzzzzzzz....the noise I make when I'm in my bivvy bag....:approve:

zero...the weight of the knowledge of bushcraft ...isn't it fantastic?!? :D

Surreal...Z the symbol for impedence....??!?:bluThinki

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Zinc - an essential componant to bronze, brass and anything galvanised.

Zygocactus truncatus - the Christmas cactus. It is rumoured that the fruit may be edible. Grows wild in SE Brazil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE