And finally Z is for ..........................

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Well, if you must swear Phil then it must be .....

Holy Zarquon. Which brings one neatly to one of the world's best if
zany books - the Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy. And thinking about it there is some bushcraft there. Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect do get stranded on the primitive Earth for months and find Slarty Bardfast's signature on a fjord and Arthur does make a rabbit skin bag if I remember correctly.

And having found hitch hiker I can't leave without a mention of a couple of the Zs there:-

Zaphod Beeblebrox the Forth - president of the Galaxy
Zarniwoop who I think edits the Guide

Are you in your comfort zone? Then get out of it and get out there.

If you can recognise the Zodiac band in the sky at night then you can work out where north is.

And while you are looking at the heavens there must be a zillion stars out there.

And where does zinnia come into bushcraft? Well it makes a natural dye I understand, and hales from S. America.

And the Zambeze is a pretty amazing river

And we all have a real zeal for bushcraft or we would not be here.

And zing is the sound of a vibrating taut bow string

Not forgetting the humble zooplankton on whom much of the world's whales live

Now zuccini are a baby form of the gourd/ vegetable marrow/ squash/ melon and cucumber family. Whilst I currently have no particular bushcraft use for such (other than to eat them) I have thought that the texture is a little like pith and therefore worthy of investigating if thin slices might take a spark when dry.

And for me I have now run dry of bushcrafty Zs apart from a few countries. So
zat is zat from me on Z.

But maybe you know different........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE