An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Have to say.....I held this knife in my hand today......It is the best looking knife I have ever seen. Its a good looking user too. Everything from the sheaf to the acorns, just look great. Well done to all involved, you did good......Very good....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well we must do the "cut off" (ooh thats not a good phrase) one day. The price though will be taking me on another plant bimble when I have a notebook and plant book with me - I learned loads today but lots will fall out from my ears. Next time I'll take notes and more pictures - hopefully then I'll get half as good as your lad - its embarassing how many more plants than me he knows - you done good there Jon :eek:

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well we must do the "cut off" (ooh thats not a good phrase) one day. The price though will be taking me on another plant bimble when I have a notebook and plant book with me - I learned loads today but lots will fall out from my ears. Next time I'll take notes and more pictures - hopefully then I'll get half as good as your lad - its embarassing how many more plants than me he knows - you done good there Jon :eek:

Red

Cheers mate, good of you to say so, he is a good lad and he has a big love of nature to. Its by doing our plant surveying, that he picks so much up....
Bimble anytime mate...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Will do Mike. I plan to give it the BR sharpen fairly shortly and will give it a solid workout - on feather sticks its amazing! The only way to know is of course to handle it. I'm up your way in July.....

Red

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I really would like to say something nice about this knife, but I'm afraid the english language doesn't stretch far enough to put my feelings about it into words...

But it is CERTAINLY the most gorgeous knife I have ever laid eyes upon!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thank you Draven :eek:

Well, the blade is now shinier still on the bevel but has a few sharpening marks above that :rolleyes: . Still - thats got scratching it out of the way. There is a proper edge on it now.

No disrespect to stu, but if theres no way to get a knife proper sharp without hand sharpening for many hours of 10,000 grit and then working up the buffing compounds. And thats a job for the owner;)

So, we are now in a position to begin some proper tests. I cut a feather stick after sharpening and took photos. It looked like a feather stick :eek:.

So to demonstrate the finesse of the slicing ability - here is one curl laid on top of a match head

534579650_78092eab9c.jpg

More tests to follow - if anyone is interested?

Red

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
now that's a thin curl! You're right about the sharpening. That's a job for the owner. I'd love to see a full review. Can't wait for it.

Kind regards,

Michiel

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Definately interested!!
There was a thread some time back about "tests you do on a knife" to get a reproducable assessment that can be applied to other blades etc. (short of destruction and hammering into a tree etc.) I recall a set of tests in the old SWAT mag.
Love the knife BTW. Now I see what the bolsters are for!!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well I need to slice some prime rump steak for jerky tonight or tomorrow - so thats test #2 - cut steak thinner than a match in even slices - I'll do some strawberries and mango whilst I'm there for drying. I'm not sure I'll ever get to a full review - perhaps I should give it to Bushwacker or Jon to play with for an objective view?

Red

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Well the cats out of the bag, i am not the only one in the world with an expensive 10.000 grit stone. Most people say there is no point to them!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good god Red... Just how big is that match :eek:

:D
Swan Vesta size Stu - I put the picture up bigger than lifesize or it was impossible to see the 4th full circle of wood in the match head size ;) (there are 5 yes but one is a little wider than the match head)

I am so looking forward to an F1 doing that Mr Pickett :D

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE