An entirely new knife.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Brilliant thanks stu!

Now I'm off for a nice walk and enjoy the sunshine. Don't feel that means you have to though - if you want to sweat away grinding bevels, feel free :D

Red

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
British Red said:
Now I'm off for a nice walk and enjoy the sunshine. Don't feel that means you have to though - if you want to sweat away grinding bevels...
Well.... I suppose if you insist....

DSCN3462.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
stuart m said:
Well.... I suppose if you insist....

DSCN3462.jpg

Ummm

That looks a little sharp :eek:

Just as it should be - awesome job big fellah! Starting to look like a knife now :You_Rock_ :D :D :D :You_Rock_

Red

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
British Red said:
I think you need a bigger wheel there stu!
wheel envy :lmao:

British Red said:
Ummm

That looks a little sharp :eek:

Red
if it's not sharp its not a knife :rolleyes:
that is a smart looking blade, there is nothing I'd change were it mine, except to have it here with me :D
what are you going to use for handles?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aaah the handles - well theres a bit of a surprise in store there....some presentation grade wood is involved.....and something else...and another craftsman......

Got to keep some surprises in to keep you looking in!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You do know I'm at the "hopping on one leg" stage now? :D

I know the final two "elements" will take time, but as you say, its really starting to take shape now!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
stuart m said:
I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying the bolsters are next... I suppose it can be clearly seen that the blade is drilled for bolsters ;)

Tomorrow could see those fitted :)

Bet you got too busy with those yummy little Bushcrafters though :D

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
British Red said:
Bet you got too busy with those yummy little Bushcrafters though :D
Not too busy mate, I had a small change of plan... I realised that I had a few blades/knives going to be laser engraved (the blade mark) today, I seized the opportunity and the blade for your new knife is amongst them :)

Fingers crossed it will be back tomorrow... I'll post a photo of the blade mark when it arrives back ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No drama mate - I must admit I wouldn't blame you if you had been busy - I seriously like your new small Bushy - I wouldn't mind one of those in an ironwood handle could I but afford it..have a cunning plan for a sheath that would make an interesting alternative to neck carry (which I can't do although I see the attraction)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE