An entirely new axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
its just so clear that i'm going to be stuck in the car on the M1 heading home to sheffield when this group buy starts :banghead:

cest la vie i suppose.

sc

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Steve,

I won't get home till later so don't worry too much. Cegga is forging and making like a demon so there will be more available later...... nothing will be offered or any orders taken until the first batch is ready to ship...and I ahven't yet heard that they are...so worry not

Red

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I think I'm being really thick here. I expressed a real interest in getting hold of one of Cegga's beauties but don't really understand how to go about it. I know that he's only doing ten in the first batch but where are they going to be advertised and how do I join the scramble for one?

I apologise for my stupidity - I still find computers baffling - but I would love to be in the running for one of these.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tiley,

Worry not. This thread was there really to see if anyone else liked the design. I will put a new thread up (in the "group buys" section of this forum) when they are ready.

There is currently no thread as there are currently no axes. I wont let Cegga take advanced orders or a waiting list or anything else - that way madness lies (ask a few bladesmiths).

So when the axes are ready, there will be a thread. They aren't yet. The scramble will be when they are ready - first come, first served. don't worry if you don't get one of the first ones - there will be more if demand justifies it

Red

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I've just ordered up a SFA so my sharp fund is depleted for the moment, so I won't try to get in on this first batch.

D

Deleted member 4605

BR, I hope you've warned Tony about the DOS attack you seem be co-ordinating on BCUK! :D

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Hey, Red, this is totally your call of course :) and it's great that you and Cegga are sharing this opportunity :D but aren't you just setting up a lot of people for disappointment by doing it through a group buy :confused: Wouldn't a lucky dip of committed buyers be fairer and at least leave people with the feeling they had a chance, as opposed to being very disappointed they were simply not on-line at the right moment, or a few seconds too late? I just know I'm going to be the one who is those few minutes too late :rolleyes:

Chris

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay all the group buy is posted - good luck!

If a Mod could lock this thread now I'd be grateful!

Red

D

Deleted member 4605

I'm watching an auction for a Billhook on eBay, and just decided to see if there was anything new posted here. So glad I looked now! :D

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I've got half a dozen axes already, Not as many as some I'm sure but it does mean I need to justify buying yet another.
But
I do like the idea of a double bit one and will be watching with interest...

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE