Alright guys =D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alessio

Mar 3, 2010
Swansea, Wales
Bit of a newbie to this kind of thing. I've tried my hand at camping and stuff and come off better for it =]. The most 'primitive/bushcrafty' thing I've grasped is the art of starting a fire with three sticks =D Not bad eh? XD. I enjoyed the process so much that I found myself incredibly eager to learn more.

I found a great site that showed me a load of amazing techniques to make bows, fletch arrows, start fires with basic tools and my most favorite proccess is flint knapping. I'd love to give it a try, along with several other new things, but I dont know where to start looking for the blasted rock! So yeah, hi and can someone please tell me where I can find some flint in Wales? =D

Hello guys!!

Alessio

Mar 3, 2010
Swansea, Wales
:welcome1:

A good material to play with is the (thick) bottom of glass bottles.

What, fire fire lighting? I tried it with a sheet of ice which I chipped to the shape of a concave lens =D Sadly it melted before my damp tinder managed to light >.< Slightly embarrassing lol

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
I import all my flint from England (via friends and trades) but am going on a flint knapping course with Karl Lee in a while. He is based in the Forest of Dean - worth looking up!
The bottle bottom is a substitute for flint for a lot of things from firelighting to knapping

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE