Alpkit Gamma Headtorch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
i've got two: one was faulty, but was changed no hassle at all. you can always judge a company by how well they handle problems.

great torches!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Ordered at 12pm Friday, arrived Saturday morning - usual excellent service from Alpkit :)

Impressed with the headtorch - the mini LEDs are bright enough for camp duty, and the full power one should easily be enough to walk by back from the pub ;)

Last edited:

Northsky

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2007
Sowerby Bridge
Had mine for 12 months or more, its been used for all sorts, and treated fairley badly at times but still soilders on. Its just really good.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
After all the positive reviews, I gave in and bought one as well. At £12.50 they look a great deal, and I've heard good things generally about Alpkit (I'm wondering about their bivvy bags).

My excuse is that I've got to put some more insulation up in the loft, so I need a good head torch - the other three I've got are just not up to it!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
It looks like quite a few other supplies are shipping this model now - there's one linked to by 1972 earlier, and I've seen it on a few other websites too. Lots seem to add a blue 5mm LED rather than white, but otherwise they are identical.

Presumably they are knocked out by a far eastern supplier and they badged for different UK resellers, rather than being an Alpkit-specific design.

C

Craghopper

I was wondering around Kathmandu in Brighton last weekend and noticed they are selling the exact same head torch (different branding) for £30! To be fair it is currently in their BOGOF offer but still, I wonder if they'll reduce the price when the sale ends?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE